Chapter 5

"I told you to be more subtle!" Caleb punches Richard with his fit, but we seem to be oblivious to it, we're here but we're not here, we're far away, I can't talk for Will but I can talk for me and what I think is that this sounds so stupid! How would someone believe something like that? But at the same time, why not? There's something in me that tells me to believe.

"I'm sorry, so will you let us train you?" Richard asks.

"I don't want to pressure you but you need to do it, you know? You're basically our only hope."

"Why us? Did our mothers just brought the 4 of us here?" Will asks.

"No, there are others... But we can't go there yet, we haven't never really been there"

"Where?"

"Ron told us that there is a place where we are all going to go, they'll help us even more to achieve our goal but he just gave us a map and a clear instruction: Don't go there unless you're ready. you're not ready" This is Caleb talking.

"What will you teach us?" Will asks them, his voice is barely able.

"Everything we know, to fight and to use your magic, to take advantage of it."

"Let us train you, please" This is Caleb's voice, I know even though I somehow find myself not being able to really pay attention to what's happening.

 Silences fills the air, and I can almost touch the tension that comes with it. We stay silent for such a long time I can't even count.

"Okay, we will let you." A voice says, my voice. "Starting tomorrow."

I stand up and take Will's hand with me, I need to rest and so does him.

_______________________________________

The next day we wake up at dawn to start exercise together and then we separate, to Caleb and Richard's request. First, I go with Richard, he tries to teach me how to fight and how to survive and after a time we eat, then, I go with Caleb and Will goes with Richard, Caleb teaches me magic, he says we'll do simple spells for starters and I feel nervous when I'm not able to do a thing after hours of trying and not been able to even make the water boil, I cry and we stop.

"Where you able to do something?" I ask Will after a really long time of silence when we're on the cave ready to rest, Caleb and Richard prefer to stay outside and so we let them.

"Huh?" he questions me, his face looks really beautiful thanks to the fire we have done.

"Magic, I mean... Where you able to... Do something?"

"Yeah, not much but yeah I learned to boil water and after a time of trying I was able to lift some rocks just with my mind." he shrugs, I am resting my head on the stone while he puts more wood to the fire. "What about you?"

I shake my head even though he's not able to see me, I don't want to answer, I feel so dumb, maybe I've no magic at all.

"You weren't able" He says after a while, he hasn't turn around yet, he's just observing the fire.

"No, I think... Maybe... Maybe I'm not really what they thought I was" He turns around and walks to where I am, he kneels in front of me and cleans a tear of my cheek I hadn't acknowledge.

"You're, you may have not been able to do something today but I know you're powerful, I see it in your eyes, the light that they have shows me you're powerful and I know that you will be able to do it, you just need to let it flow." He smiles, a sweet smile, I move and rest my head on his chest, he runs his hand over my arm and we stay like this until I fall asleep.