The Airport

It was a hot day in Pittsburgh, but not one of those nice, hot days it was one of those sickening ones. "it's too hot" I groaned as Lauren and I carried our heavy suitcases and bags across the busy main road as we headed towards the town airport. We arrived at the airport and we sat down on an incredibly uncomfortable blue chair and sighed, we are so lucky there is air conditioning here. "Kenzie..." Lauren whispers, "Yeah," I say sitting up in my chair and looking at her. " are you scared to.. you.. know meet my family and then have to stay with them for four months," she says concerningly. " Well yeah, of course, I am. I have never met them and I'm going to live with my best friends two parents who I have never met .." I giggled what if they don't like me I thought. Lauren interrupts my thought by reminding me that we have to board the plane well hopefully they do.

*SKIPPED TO AFTER THE FLIGHT*

"KENZIE!KENZIE!KENZIE!WAKE UP!" I wake up to Lauren shaking me trying to alarm me that we had to get off the plane. I jumped up startled and brushed myself off... Were already here?! I gulped, I don't want to leave home, I don't want to leave Maddie or mom, but it was is best for my career and me. We head towards the bagging area and Lauren takes a big breath "kenzie I need to tell you something" she says "well come on then spit it out". Lauren takes a deep breath and blurts out " I have a brother named johnny and he is the same age as you and I didn't wanna tell you because I thought that you would get freaked" I was in shock I couldn't speak, I finally whispered "where will I be sleeping then?".

"mom. dad. john." Lauren screamed as she ran up and gave them all a massive hug. "I missed you so much" I looked up and saw Johnny staring at me while leaning on the car, I quickly looked back down and rubbed my arm, he is really cute. We get in the car and I have to sit next to johnny in the very back seats because Laurens two cousins are in the normal back seats with her. It was extremely awkward on the way to their house. While Lauren had a good old chat, johnny and I was staring at our feet in complete awkwardness embarrassment.