A Visit

Sinbad

"A royal Kou ship's here!" Ja'far yells, slamming my door open. "What?" I groaned, my head aching. "Come on! Get dressed!" he shouts, yanking my blanket away from me.

The Kou empire? What do they want now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ship looms before us, the Kou empire flag flapping in the wind. The prince steps out into the daylight, his female attendants a few steps behind him. "Kouha Ren, welcome to my kingdom," I begin. "Hey! It's you!" he exclaims, pointing to (y/n).

All our heads whip towards her. "I've been looking for you! What were you thinking, leaving so suddenly just because Judal told you to. I can't believe that idiot gave you away to Sindria. Come on, I can take you back to Kou," the young prince stops when he sees the look in (y/n)'s eyes.

"Kouha-sama. My deepest apologies, but I request for you to let me stay in Sindria. Thank you for coming all this way for me," she says. We all stayed silent, waiting for the prince's response.

"Very well. I'll let you stay," Kouha says, smiling.

I almost lose my composure when I see Ja'far's expression when he hears those words.

" I must say, your eyes sure have changed since the last time I saw you," he continues.

"Yes! (Y/n) will be staying with us!" cheers Yamuraiha. Irie, Masrur's pet bird, perches onto (y/n)'s shoulder and flutters her wings affectionately.

The Eight Generals sandwich her in a giant group hug. Except for Ja'far, who is rubbing his ankle for some reason.

"Um, you can let me go now," she says. Well, at least tries to say. Her face is squished between Sharrkan and Masrur.

I laugh at the joyful scene. But when I turn to send Kouha Ren off, my smile drops. I rub my eyes. When I look again, it's gone.

That wine last night must have done some very strange things to my head. For just a split second there, I could've sworn that I saw a very familiar pair of red eyes staring out at us from inside the ship.

Author's Note: I posted two chapters today because I thought that just one was too short. I hope you enjoy them. Thank you for reading and voting! Feel free to comment/give me feedback.