Chapter 37

Sinbad

The hallway is teeming with identical puppets falling apart and reassembling over and over again. "King Sinbad!" yells Spartos when he notices me emerging with Ja'far and (y/n) from the hideout.

"Looks like you guys ended up needing me after all!" I laugh. "Oh, stop gloating, will ya?" yells Sharrkan. Using Pisti's whistle code, I give them my orders – fight the puppets to stall for time. "We need about seven minutes," I whistle to them.

"Spirit of deception and confidence, transform my whole body into that of a great magus. Come forth, Valefor!" Immediately, my hair turns white as snow, and my body takes the form of a nine-tailed fox. "Garufor Zairu!" Shards of ice impale the nearby puppets and pin them to the wall while I use Valefor's stagnation ability. Unfortunately, it's going to be a while before it takes effect. But it should be enough time for those two to do what they must.

(Y/n)

Red wires snap around the puppets in front of us, pulling them out of our way just long enough for me to attach the packet to the wall. We race past them, not bothering to do any damage to them. That's not our objective right now.

"(Y/n), go!" "Hai!" I reply as red wires wrap around my waist and toss me up into the air. I attach another packet to the ceiling before jumping from puppet to puppet until I make it to the other side.

"How many more left to go?" asks Ja'far. "Three..." I slap a packet onto the wall before turning a corner. "Two more. But I still have to grab my bow and arrows," I remind him.

"(Y/n), about what happened before..." he begins. "Like what King Sinbad said, you can just explain everything to us later...so, it's okay," I say. "Right," he says. We continue running through the building.

Yamuraiha

Balls of fire are quelled by my wave of seawater and crumble into crimson sparks. One magician, bleeding and depleted of his magoi, falls to the sea below to join the eight corpses floating on the waves. "You'll pay for this!" yells one of the remaining three magicians. He raises his wand and a loud sound explodes in the air, blasting away my wave of water. Panting, I grip my staff to support myself as my legs quaked beneath me. No. I won't fall. I won't let my shield fall.

I pull one of the golden magoi-storing devices from my hair and smash it on the floor. I will not let this kingdom fall, no matter what. 

Author's Note: Yamuraiha is awesome. That's all. Hope you're enjoying my story. If I've made any grammar/spelling mistakes, please tell me. Thanks!