Chapter 4

Kenma restlessly shuffled around in the normally soft blankets. It had only been three days since kuroo had found out that he was a cutter and already, after trying so hard not to, he'd cut himself again. The blond felt terrible about doing it but the pressure to not cut had gotten to him.

He felt uncomfortable laying next to Kuroo after what he'd done. Shifting gently out of bed and made his way to the bathroom once again. Kenma didn't know what time it was, it was dark with no rain and that was good enough for him.

He found the metallic blade, which he had cleaned at kuroo's request incase he relapsed, and sank down onto the cold, hard floor.

Turning the metal over in his hand hot tears gathered in his eyes.

He'd promised.

Why was this so difficult?

He could, he knows he shouldn't.

Kenma calmed himself back down, impressive, that hadn't happened in a long time. The boy felt a sharp stinging in his hand.

He had gripped the blade on accident.

It was deep.

Kenma sobbed, it really hurt. He rushed back to his shared room where kuroo had propped himself up on his elbows.

Kuroo drowsly queried "Kenma what's wrong?" He heard the small boy whimper and shove his hand towards him. The raven bolts upright.
"I d.didn't mean to, I..I'm sorry." Kuroo scrambled out of bed and into the bathroom to fetch a wet cloth, gently pressing it on the smaller boys palm.

"I'm gunna wake up mom and then we're going to the hospital. Ok?" Kenma frantically shook his head, he didn't like hospitals or doctors. Too many bright lights and rushing around, it was a big no for him.
"I'm sorry kitten but that's not going to heal on its own."

He gave kenma a peck on the nose and left to wake his mother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The journey was quick but kenma was annoyed that kuroo told his mother about it because he had specifically asked for no one else to know. The trio rushed into the hospital, Mrs kuroo quickly signing in at the desk, Kuroo texting kenma's mother to explain where they were.

A young nurse came to get them and direct them to where they needed to be. The doctor asked many questions:
How it happened.
Pain rating.
Had it happened before. Etc
Kuroo answered all of them as kenma was to uncomfortable.

Ms kozume arrived a little while later as kenma was being stitched up. It was only three stitches. The doctor wrapped his hand in a bandage a left them alone. Kenma didn't even get a hug off his mother or a smile.

Ms kozume was the first to speak.
"Why kenma?" The blonde shuffled in his seat, drawing his knees up to his chest to hide the trembling.
"I didn't mean to." He murmured.
"What do you mean? 'I didn't mean to' that looks very much like it was done on purpose."

Kenma buried his head in his knees, his good hand gripping his pajama pants as if his life depended on it. It certainly felt that way to him.
"Uh, Ms Kozume your son had a panic attack. They happen quite a lot."

"It's attention seeking, that's what it is."

I really should know how hospitals work I've been hospitalised enough, but I don't know cuz I don't pay attention. God Damn allergies. Sorry it's cringe.