Chapter 70

*wedding Michael's POV*
I was standing at the alter, Luke wasn't here. He was supposed to be here 7 minutes ago. "What do I do?" The priest asked. I looked at him then the audiance. I looked at Calum and Ashton who were behind me. They shrugged. "I'll look.." Calum said walking away. I started worrying. Everyone in the audiance started whispering. "He's not here" Calum yelled pushing the doors back open. I couldn't breathe, everything started happening slowly, people's whispers got slower and I could hear myself breathe. Left at the alter. I ran out and drove home, I pushed the doors open and searched tbe house. He wasn't in there, my phone went of. Hospital. I drove there and walked to the front desk. "Luke Hemmings" I said to the man at the desk. "Michael right?" He asked. I nodded. "Your not on his list." He said. "Oh come on!" I yelled. "Hes with me" the Doctor said. I followed.  "Right now hes sleeping, he's fine. He tried... When They called you did they tell you?" The doctor asked. I shook my head. "It was the pills again." He said. I nodded . He promised to me that he wouldn't anymore. Something must have set him off. I'll have to ask when he wakes up. I went in and sat in the chair. I went on my phone and got a text.

Calum: what happened?

Michael: the pills...

Calum: but I thought he promised.

Michael: he did, something must have set him off.

Calum: do you want us to come?

Michael: if you want right now he's sleeping. I'll tell the doctor to get you guys up here.

Calum: okay, were on our way, actaully like right near it we were on our way home we just passed it we'll be there in like 5 mins.

Michael: ok.

I was looking at the floor. "I-Im so-o-o sorr-y michael" Luke said. I looked at him and walked over to him and sat on the bed. "Why? What happened?" I asked. He sat up a bit and held my hand. "I looked at the List, you put your mom's name on there.." He said. "So?" I asked. "Why, she's gone.." he asked me. I looked down. "I thought she would attended from above. " I said. "Now that's not the only thing!" I said. He smiled. "I was worried and nervous." He said. "Look Luke, your not just my boy friend. Your my best friend. You said your sister was like your best friend. How did it feel when you lost her?" I asked . He looked at me.  "Answer the question Luke." I said. "I felt empty. Like I lost myself, I still feel empty 3 years later.." He said squeezing my hand. He started to cry but wouldn't make eye contact. "That's what it'd feel like to me if I lost you.. " I said. He looked up at me. "Why would you wanna leave?" I asked. He shrugged and looked away. "Not a good enough answer Luke!" I said getting mad. "To be away from the pain" he said quickly. "How am I supposed to trust you after you broke two promises that ment a lot. One, you tryed overdosing after you promised. Two, you promised to love me until death do us part. You left me at the alter." I said. He started crying harder. "Am I making you sad? You broke me today Luke, how am I ever supposed to trust anyone again?!" I yelled. He looked at me. He looked at the ring on my finger. "No Luke, you left me there infront of over 200 people, all because you were afraid of me saying 'I don't' why would I go there waste my time and money to say no Luke? Especially to someone who ment the world to me?" I sais softening my voice. He hugged me. I didn't move. "I said I was sorry." He whined. "You left me at the Alter, do you think the word sorry is gonna help patch the brokenness inside of me, you're sorry is a bandaid, and you know bandaids don't stop the hurting they stop the bleeding."