My fate is not the same as yours

She sat at the edge of the docks. Her feet swinging above the water. She could have left, she should have left. But her target was still alive and she would only get paid if he was dead. She knew that someone would be looking for her, and they would most likely find her soon. But she didn't care, she just stared at the water, listening to the lapping of the waves. Her fate was sealed long ago. This was supposed to happen. And she was fine with that. She would die and she wouldn't have to tarnish her name with a failed kill. She knew there was someone behind her before they could even step out of the shadows.

"You could have run. So why are you here?" He asked, silently walking to her. She shook her head never saying anything.

"You know you have to come with me, don't you?" She nodded in response. He wrapped red wire around her wrists and walked her back to the palace. She would be delt with in the coming day. But for now she would be locked in a room with a guard on watch for the night. As they were walking, they were both lost in thought. They arrived at the palace and he lead the girl into a room and called over a guard.

"Under no circumstances is she to leave. Check on her every ten minutes. If she goes missing get me immediately." The guard nodded and ushered the girl into the room. It was a small room, it contained a single twin bed pressed on the opposite wall from the door, a small window that she could fit through if she tried really hard, a small adjoining bathroom a dresser, a small closet and a work table with a chair. It was what could be considered a 'cozy' room but the the mysterious girl it was just a room. The night passed slowly, the guard checked in on her every ten minutes as instructed and she fell asleep. As day broke and birds chirped, she was awoken by her door opening and the pastel white boy making his way into the room. He handed her a dress, she stood nodded at him then walked into the bathroom. She hadn't said a single word and that had intrigued him.

"Is she mute? Or just refusing to say anything?" He asked himself she came back out. He wrapped red wire around her hands again and led her into the kings office.

"Sin, this is her." Ja'far said bowing slightly as he spoke. She stood, her face a blank canvas, her eyes just as blank. She still had her mask on and no one had told her to take it off yet so she planned to keep it on. The gray mask only covered the top half of her face, she had a black cloth covering the rest. The king stood and nodded.

"Good, good. Now can you tell me who you were trying to kill and why?" She stood perfectly still, almost like a doll, never saying anything.

"Ok..... so can you even talk." She nodded but never said anything.

"Can you write it then?" Another nod. The king grabbed a pen and paper and motioned for her to sit. She denied and stood at the side of the desk.

"So who were you trying to kill." He asked again. She wrote on the paper then gave it to the king. At first he almost couldn't read her small writing. It was neat but almost to small to see.

"Hakuryuu Ren. Why him? How did you even know he was here?" He handed back the paper, she wrote some more. There was no point in hiding information now they were just going to kill her anyways.

"I was hired to kill him by an anonymous person. They told me he was going to be here, in Sindria, for the next day.... So you were hired." She nodded. He handed the paper back and she wrote one thing on it then folded it and backed up.

"Just kill me already. I would rather die then tarnish my name... Well I was going to offer you a place here, but if that's they way you want it fine." Then he motioned for Ja'far to kill her. He he'd the blade up to her neck, and she stood perfectly still, her face still blank. Right as he was about to kill her the king motioned for him to stop. She wanted to die, yet they wouldn't kill her.

"No that won't do. You are going to work for me. I don't really care about your reputation. You can either become the ninth general or you can die.. oh wait there's another option. Become a guard for me." The girl held up two fingers.

"Option two. Wow you really care about your reputation. That or you just really want to die... but that still won't do. I'm making you a guard. And if you agree I'll bump you up to ninth general."

"Wait, Sin. We don't know her! We can't trust her!" Ja'far stated with a firm voice.

"She was just doing what she was hired to do. Isn't that right?" The girl nodded, then she sighed. She knew he wouldn't kill her.

"So what is your name." She shook her head.

"Not gonna say? What can we call you." She shrugged.

"Do you have a cover name or something?" She grabbed the paper and wrote it.

"Arusha. Well you are a very well known assassin. I see why you wanted to die so bad." Ja'far had a surprised look cross his face. He knew that name. It couldn't be her.

"(Y-Y/n)?" He stuttered out. She turned to him.

"Can you take thats mask off please?" The king asked. She sighed then nodded. She pulled off the cloth around her lower face, then gripped the mask and took that off to.

"It's you." Ja'far said quietly. She didn't know this, but after Ja'far had joined with Sinbad, he wanted to go back to the Sham Lash and take you. But he knew that being an assassin was the only thing keeping you from breaking.

"You know her?" The king asked confused.

"Yeah, she was the best assassin in the Sham Lash." Little did she know that Ja'far used to like her. She felt something, deep in her heart, it was like when Ja'far had left and never came back. She still did not care for this whole 'feeling' but she knew that the longer she stayed here the more she would be forced to feel. And eventually she would be forced to speak.