cheers to a new year

I looked at the mirror as I put my hoops on. I had a green cocktail dress, my skin exposed from the back and towards the front. I put on a black blazer and checked over my makeup again. My eye lids matched the dark green color of my dress; my eyes looked like green neon. I put my black heels as I readied myself for the night.

A nice relaxing night at a cruise ship.

  I couldn't lie to myself and say I didn't feel horrid. I spent Christmas with myself with the thought that my ex best friend was with Joshua. I felt like a fool.

    I looked at the mirror again, my bun looking sophisticated. I looked serious, sad, worn out. I took a deep breath and applied some lipgloss. I need a break from being so mentally and emotionally restraint.

    I heard the doorbell ring and I forced myself to pull up a smile on my face. My breath hitched once I opened the door to see Jace in a black tux, his hair gelled that it looked black against the night. His light green eyes searched mine, and I forgot how to really breathe. This man is beautiful.

   "Hi." He chuckled, noting my reaction and taking pride for making me breathless (literally).

    "Hi." I renovated. He offered his arm for me to take, as I did, locking the door. My heels clicked as we walked to his car, which was a new model of a mustang. It looked beautiful, it was black and the interior was just amazing.

   He opened my door as I got in. I looked toward him as he started the car. The motor roared to life as he turned to smirk at me.

   "Are you ready?" He asked. I nodded as he drove toward the coast. Since his car was standard, his toned hand resided changing the modes. That view was unbearably hot... His eyes on the rode, looking serious, but knowing that I was staring, he had a sexy grin on his face. That prideful prick knows he's hot!!

   Jason finally parked the car and opened the door again for me. I looked up toward the stars as he helped me up. It was a little chilly, being that we were next to the sea in winter weather. I held his arm as we walked toward an enormous boat, the name Poseidon written in small, elegant cursive by the railing.

   "Ironic boat name." I commented, smiling up to him. Not even in heels can I level up to him.

   "I thought it was very fitting." He pulled me closer, careful as we crossed the boat. A bald body guard giving a curt nod to Jace as he let us in.

  "Good to see you arrived Master Constantinou." He told Jace as he smiled, the man also had a Greek accent. He has some hot last name.

Vienna Constantinou. Mrs. Constantinou... Vienna-

   "I had to pick up my beautiful date." He said as we entered. I blushed at the compliment and shrugged my thoughts away.

• • • •

    There was soft orchestra playing on the ship. Live music. It was beautiful. Jace introduced me to all kinds of people, and they were all delighted by me which made me feel good. For once I wasn't thinking about Josh, Gianna, or Harry. I was just in some fantasy with Jason, when everything worked out and everything was happy. My world turned upside down rapidly, but this escape was exactly what I needed to keep my sanity.