sin delivered at my doorstep

"your ex
was just a decoy
I'm sorry
if you actually
thought you could
honestly love
or fall for someone
so fraudulent."
- r.h. Sin

The sound of my alarm made my eyes jump open. My head felt heavy, a migraine coming about. The blankets edged up my chest felt nice and cozy, but I made myself get up.

Popping an Aleve with cold water, I checked the clock.

5:38 a.m read the red numbers. I stretched, going back to my room to get ready for work. God I regret drinking all that liquor.

Biting my lips in front the mirror, I put some contour and concealer, hiding the dark rims under my tired eyes. Putting mascara, I pulled up my hair into a ponytail, but stop myself when I see purpleish-blueish skin. Hickeys.

My cheeks turn crimson red when thoughts of last nights surfaced my mind. The marks across my neck made my stomach twist. The marks were sealed like some type of ownership. Possession. I shuddered, and shrugged the thoughts away. Don't be a silly goose, Vienna.

Where the hell is Gianna?

I covered the hickeys the best I could with concealer, putting a scarf. I'm sure if my fellow co-workers saw then they'd advise the principal. My pencil skirt with a truffled blouse seemed formal enough.

Gianna was in her room, in the same outfit as yesterday sleeping on her stomach. Shrugging, I just got my essential stuff and headed to my midnight blue Altima Accord. The handle was cold against my fingers. The ignition roared to life as I settled to McDonalds for some coffee and a small cherry pie.

6:41 a.m.

The secretaries greeted me as I walked through the office to settle into my classroom. I pulled out papers to grade from my intermediate students. (7th graders). English was the best subject, and I was lucky to get a fast job here. I am the youngest teacher in the school. My students were wide eyed, green, moody, but all tender with me. After all, they were just kids. Middle school being the worst, I decided that I should make it better for them.

My phone beeps the Kim Possible ringtone, disturbing my concentration. I searched my purse until I found the black material, with a silver dot indicating I had a text.

Unknown:

Look at your door. x

I stared aloof at my screen. What the hell? My heart beat wildly against my chest, my anxiety prickling, getting into my skin. I dialed Gianna and texted her to stay safe and call in sick. I tapped my nails against my desk, a annoying habit I have when I'm nervous.

Before I could over think much over the topic, the bell rung and I pulled a mask of authority, to hide against my worry. Look outside my door? Oh my God what if it's a finger or-

"Ms. De Leon? I have a question!" I walked next to Robby as he bit the top of his pencil, I cringed at the action.

"What do you need, Robby?"