"Eavesdropper"

*Requested* I read the Imagine where Klaus finds out the readers feelings about him. I wanted to ask if you could do a similar imagine where this happens with Damon? Maybe at the boarding house and they throw a party and when everybody leaves, he listens to the conversation with Stefan?

(I hope you enjoy and happy reading my lovelies!)

Characters: Damon x Reader, Stefan, Caroline (mentioned)

Word count: 1.029

It's very early in the morning as the last people leave the Boarding House. Stefan and Damon threw a spontaneous party which went on forever. You hoped to have the chance to talk to Damon, maybe finally confessing your feelings for him, but he was occupied flirting with every female person on the party. At some point you just didn't bother waiting for an opportunity anymore and just enjoyed yourself with the guy Caroline is trying to set you up with.

Now you're the last person to be at the Boarding House, alongside with Damon who passed out in the living room and Stefan who is doing something in the kitchen. You choose to talk to Stefan for a while, not wanting to go home just yet.

You open the door spotting Stefan searching for a cup. He turns around with the cup in his hand, waving shortly.

Stefan: "Can't get enough of the party, huh?"

Y/N: "Well, you know me."

He fills himself a cup of coffee, silently asking if you want one as well, which you decline.

Stefan: "So, where did your date run off to? "

Y/N: "My what?"

Stefan: "Your date. You know the guy you brought here."

Y/N: "Oh, right. He was not my date just someone Caroline wants to set me up with."

Stefan: "Ah, I see. She can be a little persistent."

Y/N: "That the understatement of the year."

He laughs, before taking a sip from his coffee. He furrows his eyebrows shortly after, most likely because he forgot to put sugar in it.

Stefan: "So what happened with the guy?"

Y/N: "I don't know I.. I'm just not interested in him."

Stefan's eyes switch over to the wall separating the kitchen from the living room, before looking at you with a slight smile on his face.

Stefan: "Ah, I get it. I mean why would you be interested in him if you're already interested in Damon."

Your head snaps toward Stefan, wondering how the hell he figured it out.

Stefan: "Oh come on, Y/N. I am not blind. And Caroline isn't either. That's probably why she tries to set you up with someone else."

Are your feelings for Damon really that obvious? You always thought you hid them very well.

Stefan: "Why didn't you say anything to him?"

Y/N: "Honestly because I don't think he is interested in me. Have you seen how he threw himself on every female person tonight?"

Stefan: "That's because it's Damon. He uses every distraction he get's to avoid feeling anything he might loose later on. I think you should bluntly tell him how you feel."

Y/N: "Sure. Because it's so easy to do that. Should I say: Hey Damon I am hopelessly in love with you. Or maybe: You're funny, spontaneous and incredibly good-looking and I am crushing on you, even though I know you are not interested at all."

Damon: "I'm a fan of the second one. I am funny, spontaneous and good-looking after all."

Well shit.

You look at Stefan hoping he would help you out of this awkward situation, stopbut all he does is winking at you before casually leaving the room. That asshole knew that Damon had been listening to your conversation all along. Great. Absolutely fantastic.

Y/N: "Before you say anything you have to know that this was just a joke, okay?"

He raises an eyebrow stepping closer to you, while his signature smirk is plastered on his face. That damn smirk.

Damon: "Oh really? If it's just a joke you surely don't mind me testing something."

He continues to walk closer, taking his time. You heartbeat picks up with every step he takes until he stops right in front of you, his face a few inches apart from yours.

Damon: "Are you sure it's still just a joke?"

His piercing blue eyes stare into yours, keeping them prisoner. You don't dare to look away, not being able to capture one single thought in your head while looking at them.

Damon: "Admit it Y/N. You want this as much as I do."

His gaze switches to your lips and he focused them intensely. He suddenly licked his lips and biting into them a bit. He moves closer and closer, almost touching your lips with his, before passing them to whisper something in your ear.

Damon: "All you have to do is admit it."

He moves away from you ear once more to see your already flustered cheeks turning more red.

There's no way out now. Just admit how you feel. Now or never.

Y/N: "Okay fine. I am in love with you. Happy?"

Damon: "Very."

The next thing he does is something you never expected. He backs away. Did he just play with you? Did he simply wanted you to admit your have feelings for him, just to leave you hanging? Either way, you thought this would play out differently.

Damon walks towards the door and suddenly stops in front of it. Withing a second he vamp speeds in front of you again, this time greedily pushing his lips on yours. You heart stops a beat before you slowly recover from the first shock. He pulls back after several seconds, allowing you to catch your breath.

Damon: "Did you really think I would leave you hanging like that?"

Y/N: "I did."

Damon: "Come on, you know me better than that, Y/N. Just so you know, you chaught my eye the second we met. I waited until you had the courage to tell me."

Y/N: "You're evil. Why didn't you say anything?"

Damon: "Why didn't you?

Y/N: "Touché."

Damon: "Don't you worry, I will make it up to you. I promise."

He cups your face with one hand, sliding his fingers behind your neck, pulling you into another kiss.

So it turns out Damon felt the same way towards you and waited until you made the first step. Sometimes it's better to risk being rejected, rather than to wait until the perfect opportunity comes. Because it most likely never will. Risking and losing is a lot better than to be left with what might-have-beens...