Chapter 31

You came searching for a rock that you could build your home upon, but I'm a rolling stone and what you need the most is what I have the least.

††††††††

I guess I should be shocked but at this point I feel completely numb to this type of news. It sure as hell explains a lot but at the same time it just creates more questions that I'm too exhausted to try and find answers for.

"This doesn't make sense." I lean forward and place my head in my hands as Sin stands in front of me uncomfortably. "If she's wanted everywhere then how come I've never heard of her?"

"She goes by another name, one I'm sure you're very familiar with..." Sin sits across from me and pulls out a file with my mother's name on it. "The phantom."

"That's impossible." I state in complete disbelief. "No one knows anything about the phantom let alone what he or she looks like, how do you know this?"

"I think you're forgetting who I am Marilyn." Sin states cockily as I take the file from his hands. "Declan told me about her when we were still close, but I had no clue she was your mother." His smirk drops and is replaced with a sympathetic look.

I nod my head solemnly and contemplate throwing the file of content about my mother out the window and hightailing it to Mykonos to forget about all of this bullshit.

"I guess this kind of explains why everyone wants me dead." I state snarkily after a few moments of terse silence.

"Yeah..." Sin trails off. I feel like I should question him but at this point I don't have the energy for more shocks, surprises or bad news.

"I think I'm just gonna go to bed." I offer Sin a tired smile as I collect my things to leave.

"Marilyn please wait." Sin stands up abruptly and reaches out for my arm to stop me from exiting. I slowly retract my gaze from the floor to his face. I raise my eyebrows as an invitation for him to continue when honestly all I really want to do is leave.

"I just wanted to let you know..." his frowns as he tries to collect himself and his words. "I mean if you ever needed someone to...uh." He cringes slightly as he processes his words. I however, find this awkward and flustered side to him quite adorable and decide to put him out of his misery because I'm pretty sure I know what this is about.

"Don't worry about me." I smile softly and place a quick kiss on his cheek, "Thanks for the offer; I'll definitely hold you to it."

He nods and offers me a quick, grateful smile for not making him suffer through that.

Just as I'm about to leave, a huge hulk of a man enters the room and addresses Sin sternly.

"Good day boss, sorry to interrupt." He greets Sin and offers me a nod of acknowledgement. I stare up at this crazy scary dude and wonder about the dynamics of this relationship, I find it really funny to think about Sin bossing this guy around all day. I guess you couldn't exactly judge a book by its cover.

As I leave Sin's room my mind randomly drifts to Archer. What part did he play in this mess? How the hell did he hide this side of him from me for 2 years? I met his family, I met his friends-all of this just didn't make sense and now he decides to go on some strange vendetta because I dumped his cheating ass.

Suddenly it was like the final thread in me snapped. I reached for my phone in anger and harshly tapped the screen to dial his number. I was fucking exhausted with everyone tiptoeing around me and keeping stuff from me. I wasn't a child so I decided to call the one person who didn't care enough to lie to me.