Chapter 16

Take my pure and wash it all away until it's yours

††††††††††††

"So Marilyn, what do you think?" Faye says as she flicks mindlessly through channels on the television.

"Um, the blue one's fine." I say distractedly.

The TV randomly stops on some cooking show and Faye turns in her seat so that she's facing me.

"That's great Mari." She says sarcastically, "Great choice, seeing as I asked you what you wanted for dinner." Faye looks at me with concern as she takes in my current state. "Are you okay?"

"I'm just a little out of it, sorry." I say and run my hands through my hair. Ever since Sin had dropped that major bombshell on me about his relationship with Adella, I was still reeling.

"Seriously, what's going on?" Faye places a comforting hand on my shoulder. I glance over at her and smile nervously. It would be really great if I could tell Faye, but if Sin hasn't mentioned this to anyone besides me, I'm not sure he'd appreciate me blabbing it to everyone I see.

"Fuck, you have to promise not to say anything to anyone." I turn over so we're face to face-she's my best friend I have to tell her.

"I pinky swear." Faye nods vigorously and hooks our pinkies together.

"I'm serious Faye-not even Andre can know." I say and try to convey my seriousness through my eyes.

"Geez, did you murder someone or something?" she leans in interested.

"Faye!" I shove her lightly, "I'm serious."

"Okay fine!" she throws her hands up in surrender. "What is it?"

I sigh deeply and try and get my jumbled thoughts to calm down for more than half a second so I can string a coherent sentence together. "Sin told me that his relationship with Adella isn't real."

Faye is silent for a few moments as she processes what I just said. Before I can ask if she's okay, she bursts out laughing into hysterical laughter. "Are you serious?"

"Yes, and stop laughing this is serious." I shake her slightly.

"I'm sorry but did these words actually come out of his mouth or is this something you imagined." Faye says in between chuckles.

I glare at her as I wait for her laughter to decrease. She notices my glacial stare and calms down pretty quickly.

"Look I'm sorry but this is so weird." She tucks a piece of hair behind her hair, "Why would he fake a relationship for this long?"

"That's the thing." I sigh in frustration, "Before we could discuss the matter more, he hopped up and muttered something about a meeting before making a quick exit."

"This is amazing." Faye says quietly and smiles evilly. "Adella has been such a little prick to you this entire time, wait til she finds out Sin told you their relationship is one big sham."

"She's not going to find out, at least not from me." I try and coax Faye back into sanity.

"Why do you think they're faking it?" She says as she leans back onto the couch.

"I don't know." I groan out loud, "This all makes my head ache."

"Well you know what that means." Faye jumps up suddenly and grins at me in the devious way of hers.

"What?" I glance at her warily. The last time she was this excited, our apartment nearly burnt down.

"You can totally get the D from Sin and not feel guilty about it." She says as she bounces up and down on the couch right next to me.