5. the chip.

The entire group was now running down the hallway, as softly as they could. It was like the rain, when they were still on Earth, pittering and pattering on the trees leaves. They stopped behind wall, realizing the room was right behind the next turn in the hallway. They heard Dr. Cly's voice.

"You should have kept a closer eye on her! I knew the chip wouldn't work, I knew it!" A big crash could be heard, of Dr. Cly knocking over instruments on the table in anger.

"Doctor, she's going to die." Another voice said. It was the guard's.

"Well, help her onto the table. We have the antidote, thank god. Another time when we test on them, we might not have an antidote." He was surprisingly calm.

"Who else do they have in there? Is Bellamy even in there? I can't hear his voice." Echo whispered.

"He's probably knocked out, they knocked Bee out when they took her." Raven answered.

Suddenly, a shadow lurked around the corner. A guard was coming over. As soon has he turned, Echo ran, throwing her fist as hard as she could, and knocked him out before he could say a word. His face could be seen as he fell to the floor. He was a younger man, about 30 years old.

"Nick? Hurry up, I need that syringe, she's only got, maybe an hour left. We can't afford to lose anymore time than we already have." Dr. Cly could be heard yelling down the hall to the knocked out guard.

"Shoot. Now what?" Monty looked up.

"He's coming! Guys, get back!" Raven motioned for everybody to move.

"Nick! It's not that hard to find a syringe!" His footsteps became louder as he walked down the same hall. He turned, and saw the group. Nobody dared to take the wrong step. He looked to his right, and saw Nick, the guard, unconscious.

"Well," he started, "we've got the entire happy family here today, haven't we?"

"Where is Bellamy?" Echo demanded.

"I like you. You're always straight to the point." He held a blue vial in one hand, while pointing to Echo with the other. She had enough, and shoved Dr. Cly up against the wall.

"I'm going to ask you one more time. Where is Bellamy?"

"Or else what? You're going to kill me? What about your friend, Phoebe? See this? This in my hand?" He held up the blue vial, "If you try anything, I'll throw this against the wall. You know what happens to glass when its thrown against a wall? It shatters. And everything inside of it will be gone. A puddle on the floor. Then? Phoebe will be dead. Is that what you want? Both Phoebe and I dead?" Dr. Cly smiled, unfazed.

"It'd be getting rid of two problems at once." Echo growled.

"Echo, stop. He's right. Besides, we have no other way out, and Phoebe might be our only hope." Raven put rubbed Echo's shoulder, calming her down.

Echo didn't move, but she loosened her grip. "What did you mean, 'the chip didn't work?" She looked deep into the doctors cold eyes.

"I think you already know." He said, looking at the others.

"It's like A.L.I.E., isn't it?" Raven half-whispered.

"Of that sort, yes. It isn't her, but it works like her. But, it's gone now. The chips gone. You kids have nothing to worry about. It disintegrated."

"Hand over the vial." Echo demanded.

"Now, why would I do that? Why don't you let me go, so I can get a syringe for Phoebe?"

Echo slowly released her grip, and everybody watched each of his steps to make sure he wasn't going to try and pull anything. He was followed into the lab room, where Phoebe and Bellamy lay on two tables. Bellamy had a mask over his mouth that kept him unconscious. Phoebe's mouth and nose was dripping blood onto the floor, and the veins in her arm were turning black, spreading quickly.

Raven ran over, taking the mask off from Bellamy's face.

"It's just general anesthesia. I didn't want him seeing this, but as you guys are already hear for the show, well, no point, is there? It'll wear off quickly, it isn't strong." Dr. Cly assured Raven.

He was mixing things into the vial, and the color became darker and darker as things were added.

"Your friend here, Phoebe, decided it was a smart move to inject herself with a...liquid, that was meant for Bellamy. The chip that was controlling her must have snapped. She was aware of what was going to happen. She was about to inject Bellamy, but, alas, great timing, eh?" He chuckled.

"How do we know you aren't just making something up to kill her faster? Or that you aren't just making something else to inject us with?" Harper asked, angry.

"Because," Dr. Cly simply replied, "Phoebe's my daughter."