6. earth.

At first, it was just a laugh.

"Because we're supposed to believe that. You seriously kept your own daughter in a cell, used her as a test subject, and starved her?" Echo laughed. It was the most ridiculous thing to even think about.

But Dr. Cly held a straight face.

"He's not kidding, Echo." Monty could tell by the look of the Doctor's face.

"Why?" Was Raven's first question, "You're own daughter. Why would you do this to her?"

"I guess I'll just answer your questions. You're not going anywhere, anytime soon."

The doctor stuck the syringe needle into the finished product. He was calm, even with no security around him.

"Look at her blood." He simply said.

They all came to the realization. She was a Nightblood. But, still, many questions were to be asked, and the doctor already knew what they were going to say.

"Yes, she knows I'm her father. Since the first Praimfaya, my family has been studying the Earth, monitoring it. I've seen Bellamy and that girl, Clarke, was it? And your fight against them all. How? Technology." He held up the syringe. "It was all very advanced. Luckily, my family has managed to bring some up here before everything was destroyed. I've seen how Becca had made nightblood, and from then on, we've tried and tried to recreate it. I tested it on my own daughter. It might not sound like it, but I'm helping her." He stuck the needle into Phoebe's limp arm. "And she knows it. When I succeed, she'll be able to walk on any part of the Earth she'd like. She'll help repopulate the Earth with people who can walk freely without any worry of radiation."

The entire group were all just staring at the man standing in the center of the room. Nobody knew what to say. They had completely blank expressions.

Raven broke the silence, "Where's the rest of her family?"

Hesitation. "Dead." And nobody asked any other questions.

Bellamy was starting to stir, and everybody quickly scrambled to his side but Echo.

"Bellamy, you up?" John snapped his fingers.

"What happened?" Bellamy groaned, and when he saw Phoebe on the table next to him, unconscious, he started to panic. There was blood all over her, and what concerned him the most was that it was black. "Is she...?"

"A Nightblood. A little different, though." Raven sighed.

"Long story short, The Doctor and Phoebe, father and daughter. He tests on her so she can someday walk on Earth anywhere. A much stronger Nightblood." Harper said.

"Is that what he said?" Everybody turned to see a fully conscious Phoebe. The Doctors footsteps could be heard rushing back towards the room. "You can't trust him. He isn't telling the truth, you've got to believe me!" He wrapped a hand around her mouth, not allowing any other words to escape. With his other hand, he pointed a loaded gun to her temple.

"Well, this just took a dark turn." John mumbled, and Emori was quick to step on his foot.

"Sweetie, I don't think they know who to trust anymore." Dr. Cly whispered ever so softly into Phoebe's ear.

"Put the gun down." Bellamy took a step toward him.

He cocked the gun.

"I'll do it. There's plenty of you I can test on." He grinned, as the guards showed up behind him. He thought nothing could go wrong.

"You aren't God. You don't get to decide who lives and dies." In a flash, she smashed her head backwards into his skull, knocking him unconscious. For a skinny girl, she had had lots of training to defend herself growing up. She constantly fought the guards. She knew all their moves and tricks. They weren't allowed to kill them, but they used tasers.

"Run!" Phoebe yelled. The underfed and badly mistreated guards couldn't catch up to the group, who were all following Phoebe. She led them into a large door, and she quickly swiped Dr. Cly's stolen keycard. The door whirred open, revealing another door at the end of the hall, opening.

A lockdown drill was beginning. The door was closing. They had to make it through the door. And they did.

"What is this?" Raven asked. Everybody was trying to catch their breath, breathing heavily.

"A rocket ship. Well, rocket ships. There used to be three, but there's only two now. This was used when Dr. Cly's parents would go down and take people prisoner, to use them as test subjects. It was horrible, I've seen them come and go through the cells. We can use these to get away." Phoebe was talking as fast as she could.

Everybody was confused, looking at each other.

"Well? Is anybody gonna move and get these going?" Phoebe yelled, and they scrambled into the ship. "Are you heading back to the Ark?"

"Yeah, we can definitely use this ship afterwards to return to Earth, but I think some supplies from there would definitely be useful." Monty said. Raven was starting up the engine.

"Okay." Phoebe furrowed her brow.

"You coming?" Bellamy smiled, thankful, but it quickly faded.

"No. I'm going to use the other ship. Thanks to the Doctor, I now know how to operate a rocket ship. Guess his intentions backfired, he made me very smart." She gave a weak smile. "I'm going to Earth."

The doors started to close.

"May we meet again." Bellamy hugged Phoebe.

Phoebe nodded, and the doors of the large ship closed. She got into the other, much smaller rocket ship as they prepared for launch. As the doors of her rocket closed, she could see Dr. Cly running into the room, furious. The next thing she knew, she could see stars where the Doctor had just been. She marveled at the sight.

About 10 minutes later, she was landing. The door opened. The fresh air of nature rushed into her lungs, and she inhaled a deep breath. Earth.

Phoebe gathered a few supplies into the first aid kit backpack from the ship, and quickly set out to travel. She didn't realize it had been hours and hours already, and she was in the middle of nowhere. She didn't know the first thing about surviving in the wild. Alone. But lucky for her, she wasn't.

"Who are you?" A gun could be heard cocking behind Phoebe. She put up her hands, and slowly, cautiously turned around.

Phoebe's eyes widened as she immediately recognized Bellamy's detailed description.

"Clarke?"