Revolution

After hours of convincing Patrick they would fix it, he finally believed them. He went to sleep, but didn't get much rest. Coldness seemed to fill his room as he pulled the blanket tighter. Sights of burning buildings and bloodied bodies filled his mind as he tried to think of good thoughts.

Pete took a couple of bottles of spray paint with him as he walked though the door. Andy stopped him before he could make it past the threshold.

"Pete, what are you doing?" He asked skeptically. Andy knew Pete was secretly excited about a revolution. Pete has been wanting one since the whole war started.

"Calm down, I'm just going to cross out our symbols to let them know our rebellion is dead." He said like a teenager who was being caught trying to sneak out of the house to a party in the middle of the night.

"Ok, just remember what you promised Patrick." Andy said looking directly into Pete's eyes. He hoped the direct eye contact would persuade Pete to do the right thing.

"Whatever. Bye, Mom!" Pete shouted as he slammed the front door shut. He started to laugh at Andy's attempt to get him to do the right thing. Pete wouldn't lie to Patrick. Well...most of the time anyway.

Pete stopped in his tracks as he heard shouts and screams coming from down the road. A boy about fifteen years old ran up to Pete.

"You're here!" He said leading Pete towards the crowd. "What are you guys doing here?" Pete asked hesitantly. "This is the state governors address." A girl stated. "So...?" Pete pushed for more information. "So....what?" The girl asked. "Why are you guys just standing out here yelling?" He asked. "Because, he's the one who represents us in the Capitol. Which is where they took away our rights." The boy answered.

Pete then realized there was so much more to this rebellion then he thought. The protestors told him how it spread nation wide and how much of an affect it had on everyone. They also told him how the biggest problem with the system now is that the people who were against their freedoms were the ones representing them. They were slowly trying to make the citizens weaker and weaker and have less and less freedom. But the band members were the only ones crazy enough to stand against it. They can not mess with music. That was the line they had finally crossed.

Pete had still made a promise to Patrick though. He believed this revolution was right, but for now he had to postpone it and try to convince Patrick in the morning to put it back on.

Pete stared at a guard who was standing by in case things got violent. He hesitantly climbed onto a nearby bench and yelled to get everyone's attention. Once he got the attention he realized didn't want it. "The revolution is dead. Ok?" He said immediately being asked millions of questions as if being swarmed by paparazzi.