Chapter 2 - Tour of the mansion

(Masky's P.O.V.)

"And I don't want to hear any complaints about it from either of you two," Slender warned, and he teleported away again. Toby and I looked at each other shocked for a second. 'I have to share my room!? I was never allowed to share a room with anyone back at the . . .' I thought, breaking the thought off with a shake of my head.

"Are y-you ok?" Toby asked with mild concern lacing his voice and his head tipped to the side confusedly.

"Yes, I'm fine. Come on, I'll show you around the mansion" I said with mild agitation, and I walked off before Toby could respond. I walked into the kitchen, and I could hear the twitching boy following behind me. I stopped and turned to face Toby and boredly commented, "This is the kitchen." He nodded in understanding and looked around with a twitch.

"H-hey, i-is there any w-waffles around here?" He asked, turning to face me.

"There might be some in the freezer over there," I responded monotonously, motioning to the freezer side of the fridge. His brown eyes shined with childlike glee from behind his goggles at my response, and he started to bounce with excitement.

"C-can I have some?" he asked, almost begging.

"Sure, whatever, you can get some after the tour, " I said annoyedly. I just want to get this over with as fast as possible, so I really didn't care what this twitchy kid did. Toby started to bounce and twitch more in excitement at my answer. I sighed and walked off again. I could hear his excited footsteps following behind me again as I walked into the dining room.

"This is the dining room. Everyone is on their own for breakfast and lunch, but everyone has to come down here and eat dinner together here when Slender calls," I said and Toby nodded in understanding. I continued on with the tour, and I walked into the living room where Ben and Jeff were playing video games again. "Living room. People usually just watch TV in here," I commented dully.

"Hey, Toby. Masky giving you a tour of the mansion?" Ben asked, looking up from the game.

"Y-yeah, and he said I can have waffles afterwards!" Toby replied excitedly. Wanting to speed this up, I walked off again, and I heard Toby scramble after me.

"Good luck," Ben called to Toby. I walked down the right hall.

"W-what's that room?" Toby asked and pointed to the room we just passed. I stopped and turned to face him to see what room he was talking about.

"Huh? Oh, that's the file room where everyone's medical records, mission reports, and other such information is placed. You aren't allowed to go in there without permission from Slender," I informed.

"Why not?" he asked with a twitch, sounding genuinely curious.

"Because Slender got fed up with people going in there to snoop around other peoples personal files," I replied and continued walking down the hall. I said what the rooms where as we passed by Slenders office, Ben's game room, and the library.

"W-where's everyone's r-rooms?" Toby asked as he sped up a bit to walk beside me.

"The left wing, but the halls connect where the infirmary and laundry room are up ahead," I said, pointing to where the hall turned ahead of us and turned down the mentioned hall.

"That's the infirmary and up ahead is the laundry room. Everyone's laundry is done on Sundays, but you can use the washing machines and dryers when ever," I said, pointing to the rooms as they were mentioned. I glanced over at Toby to find him staring at me.

"What?" I asked agitatedly and he quickly turned away.

"N-nothing," he hastily said. I didn't care enough to question his actions and shrugged it off.

"This is the hall where everyone's rooms are. Everyone has their name written on their door, so it should be easy to figure where everyone's rooms are," I said.

"W-where's your room?" Toby asked, looked over at me with a twitch.

"Right here," I answered, stopping in front of my room. My door had my name written on it in marker. Right above my name was where my old name, Tim, was written, but I had quickly scratched it out shortly after I got here and it was barely legible.

"Why is this part s-scratched up?" he asked as he walked up to my door and ran his hand over the countless scratches obscuring the writing.

"Because I took a knife to it," I responded. He looked at me and I could tell he was going to ask more questions, but before he could say anything else, I walked past him and into my room.