Chapter 4 - Waffle time

Toby continued to look at me confusedly, and I could tell he wanted to ask more questions but, thankfully, didn't.

"C-Can I have waffles now?" he asked innocently.

"Sure" I answered monotonously. He immediately went into hyper mode, and he jumped around happily before bouncing out the door and down the hall. I sighed in annoyance and followed the twitchy boy - who had, surprisingly, made it to the kitchen on his own. He went through the freezer and found the waffles he was looking for. I, simply, got some cheesecake from the fridge and watched the boy try to find the toaster amusedly. He eventually found it, and he put in some waffles. He stood there quietly humming a cheerful tune that seemed very faintly familiar, but I couldn't name, as he waited.

Eventually, my curiosity got the best of me and I asked, "what are you humming?" He looked over at me, and he seemed a bit taken aback by the question.

"W-what? You don't know mary had a little lamb? W-what kind of childhood did you have?" He responded with a laugh.

"Well he was practically raised in a cell, so i'm not surprised he doesn't know nursery rhymes," hoodie said casually as he walked in. I glared at him.

"Shut up," I growled at the hooded proxy. Hoodie only laughed in response and got himself a piece of cheesecake. Toby gave me a confused, and almost sympathetic look, but I ignored him "By the way, Hoodie, I found a surviving tape earlier," I informed Hoodie. Hoodie nearly choked on his cheesecake at the news, but he quickly recovered from the surprise.

"I thought we destroyed all of them a long time ago. Which one was it?" he asked after he had composed himself.

"I thought we had too, but we missed the one that was in the camera. It was the last entry of the series. I'll destroy it later," I responded.

"W-why would you destroy it?" Toby asked.

"Because he gets triggered every time he watches it," Hoodie said mockingly, pointing to me.

"Hodie, do you want to get thrown out a window again?" I asked Hoodie angrily.

"Alright, alright I won't talk about it," he said, and he walked off with his slice of cheesecake. Toby was watching from the corner confusedly as he ate his waffles. I gave a slight cough, and I grabbed my pills from my pocket and I took two of them.

"W-what are those for?" Toby asked.

"Don't worry about it," I snapped and put them back in my pocket. He flinched at my tone for a second, but continued eating his waffles. "It's getting late, so i'm going to go head to bed. Think you can find your way back to the room on your own?" I asked toby.

"Y-yeah," he answered. I turned around and walked off to my room. Once I got to my room, I continued cleaning up my room and went to sleep shortly after.