Chapter 2- Demon or Devil?

The sound of the voice that is calling my name gets closer and closer my vision comes back and I can see that the voice is right in front of me. It was my cousin Carli looking at me concerned. She is so beautiful with natural platin blond hair, porcelain skin and sky blue eyes. I am always jealous of her beauty every time I see her, but now all I can think about is what I just witnessed.

"What?" I asked.

"I've seen that look on your face many times, what did you just see?" she knows too, but she's not the one I was referring to earlier.

"Nothing... I promise I'm just tired."

"Allie, you are a terrible liar, what did you see?"

I sigh and tell her what I heard more than seen, because I didn't really see anything. When I finish she is staring at me a loss of words, unsure of what to say we sit there for a moment in silent while voices buzz around us. Then the sound of the piano starts to play and that's our cue to go up on stage. We head up to our spots. We are about halfway through the second song when I hear a loud horn then everything goes black.

"Now is the time my child I'm leaving you to rise up and lead the revolution. Help save the lost souls, use the extraordinary gifts I gave you to lead the way. Someone I'm leaving will be the most helpful but be careful, for they can be your destruction as well as a companion. Also, don't let anyone lead you astray from the path I have for you. Lastly, someone around you now is not good he is after you, you must defeat him. There will be more to come after him and each one will be stronger and more powerful than the last. Now wake and save them from him for he is evil." The voice says.

When he is done speaking everything happens at once my eyes pop open, everything is blurry, and my ears are ringing. I blink a few times and look around I see Carli laying on the ground. I try to get up, but I can't. I feel as if I weigh a thousand pounds, so I crawl to her and shake her. It took a couple of tries, but she wakes up by that time I can get up. As I look around I see the church is mostly empty, all but a few people. I walk over to my friend, Bea. I help her up, when she comes to she starts freaking out and going on about something she saw. Maybe when she was passed out? I ask myself. I go to the next person I see, which is Carson. He starts groaning before I get to him to help him up. I step up to him a bit shy like always, I've always had a crush on him, but no one knew. I help him up and he thanks me to which I nod. By this time Carli and Bea are standing by me and Bea is still going on about what she saw.

Then suddenly, we hear a loud rumble which sounds more like a growl. I slowly look around when something caught my eye. A clawed hand clutching on to the back of a chair. The hand itself looks human but it has black razor-sharp nails, which is cutting the fabric on the chair. Slowly it rose so we could see it better it was human, but it wasn't. The look in it's eyes you could tell the humanity had gone. He was possessed I knew immediately that this was the first test I had, the first fight and I knew I had to do it alone.

"Guys, we need to get out of here." I say as quietly as I can.

"That's what I saw." Bea says frantically.

"Run!" I basically scream. We dart across the room. There are three doors that lead to the room that we are in. The demon is in front of the third door. As we run I can tell I won't make it. As long as they live. I tell myself.