Chapter 5- TRUST ME?

"Alright, this is how it's going to go." I say taking charge. "When we get there, it is going to be crazy and there is going to be mean people and its possibly going to be dangerous, therefore I don't want you to be there." I say turning to Carli. She makes a face and I continue. "please don't argue I don't know what I would do if I lost you and it would be my fault."

"But Allie I can take care of myself."

"I know you can but please I just want to make it quick and I would be worried about you the whole time which takes my concentration of the task at hand. Besides, I'll be back in an hour."

"What would I do, just sit here?"

"No there are things I need to be done here too, you could start while I'm gone." I say.

"Can I stay here with her?" Bea asks and tacks on. "I want to wait for my brother."

"If you want," I turn to Carson and ask, "are you going with me?" he gave me an odd look and nods.

"Ok, then Carson and I will be back soon meanwhile I need y'all to start going through the house and find anything you think would be useful, like towels and pots and food that doesn't expire. Just some things like that." I say

"Ok." They both say at the same time.

"Also, don't open the door to anyone but Ryan or me, and try not to go outside if you can help it." I say and they nod.

"Come with me." I say and lead them to the room that my grandfather keeps his gun case and say, "Stay here a moment."

I walk into the kitchen and go to the sink and reach up under the ledge where the lights are, there is a hook with a set of keys on it, I take them. No one in the family really knows they are there but I lived with my grandparents for a couple of years and so I learned where everything was and where they hid things such as this. I walk back into the room and unlock the case I take a small Smith & Wesson M&P all black. Such a beautiful gun! I think to myself. I look to the girls "Do either of you know how to use this." I ask

"Poppy taught me." Carli said the mention of our grandfather makes me a little sad but I shrug it off the best I can. Just knowing my grandparents are safe in haven makes me feel much better.

"Do you remember?" I ask hoping my emotions don't show through too much.

"Yes." Is all she says and I can see her emotions are the same as mine.

"Well just in case, this is the safety, it's on now. Push it down to take it off. This is the clip release, it's already loaded so please, please, please be careful. The trigger on this particular gun is kind of a hair-trigger so again please be careful. Got it?" I say taking out minds off the tension.

They nod.

"Ok look I'm going to leave it in the case if you need it for any reason than you know where it is other than that don't touch it till Ryan or I get back."

I unlock a bottom compartment and get out two handguns my favorite is the Colt 1911 with Govt Customized Engraved Nickle ivory grips and beautiful pink pearl handle. "Do you know how to use this?" I ask as I hand Carson the other gun its just a colt 45.

"Yes, we live in the south if you don't know how to use a gun then you're not southern."

I chuckle and nod as he takes it from me, with a smirk playing his lips.

"Ok then let's go."

We walk outside and head toward his truck. "May I drive?"

"um, no". he says

"Fine," I say turning and walking to the add on garage.

"What are you doing?" he asks sounding annoyed.

"We need a truck and I'm driving wither you like it or not."

He sighs and says "Fine, here." he hands me the keys. I smile at him and take the keys walking toward his truck.

****

We pull up to the first shop and it is crazy. Like people are running around stealing stuff and hurting one another.

"I don't like this." Carson mutters. I nod in agreement.

"But we need to do this, especially for where we are going." I could tell he wanted to ask where, but he didn't so I just parked.

"Look, I know you don't know me, but I want you to know you can trust me. I'm going to look out for you in there and I hope you'll do the same." He says as his emerald green eye lock on mine and suddenly I can't breath. I realize I am just staring at him and I haven't replied.

I smile and say "Of course. I know we don't know each other like we probably should but I do trust you and I want you to trust me." He nods a soft smile crosses his perfectly plump lips, I feel my eyes fall to his mouth that is when I see his face turn serious. Looking back up to his eyes I feel like I may have crossed a line or made him uncomfortable.

I clear my throat and say "You ready?" He nods and we get out of the truck and head in.