21

I'm writing this at 12:30am. It's probably going to suck...

Edited May 16, 2016

Re-edited August 3, 2018

Emily POV.

Since today was a Saturday, Niall and I decided to go somewhere and go on a date. Of course I'd rather be at practice. "The band will be fine. It's only one practice. Now what do you want to see first?" Niall reassures me as we make our way through the zoo entrance.

"You're right. Can we go see the penguins?" I ask Niall.

Niall is hesitant. "I guess. I just don't want you slipping on water."

"But if I do, you'll probably catch me." Niall looks down at me and nods.

Since it was still kind of chilly outside, the zoo wasn't as crowded as it would be on a warm day. The two of us make our way through the penguins, fish, polar bears, brown and black bears, trying to hit as many animals as we could before stopping for lunch. Around one we finally stopped for lunch in one of the food buildings.

"Today was nice. No one bothered us." I comment.

Niall agreed. "Today was nice. I enjoyed it a lot. I haven't been to the zoo in many years."

We sit in the sun, basking in its warmth since it finally warmed up around 11:30. "So now that I'm not marching this season, I'll be free to see you a lot, which means management doesn't have to schedule stuff around both our schedules.

After lunch, we wandered around towards the butterflies and birds, quickly purchasing a little bag of feed to try and feed the birds.

Today was probably the best day of my life.

--

Short and boring. And I know earlier in the story, I had said it was April but I changed it and it's like June now in the story. Schools out of session.

- Emily

😰😰😰😰😰😰😰