I always do

"And what are you doing on Friday?" A pretty redhead asks Lindsey, as he stands in front of her behind the bar, his hands on top of it wide apart. 

"I'm working, playing with my band here." He replies, smiling at her. 

Making a show of taking the olive out of her martini glass and putting it into her mouth, she pushes her chest out a bit more. "I might have to come and check you out."

Teaching guitar isn't Lindsey's main job. He's a session musician and he's got his own band. Lindsey also owns a small pub, where he works at as well. It's usually the place his band plays every other weekend too.

"There's a pretty blonde staring at you over there." Jason, the other barman, tells Lindsey, looking past his shoulder.

Turning around swiftly, Lindsey can hardly believe his eyes. Forgetting the redhead, he goes over to Stevie, smiling at her. "Hey, what are you doing here?"

"Who's that?" Stevie asks, ignoring his question.

"She's a regular." Lindsey shrugs. "She's been trying to get into my pants for the past four months or so." He jokes, but Stevie doesn't think it's very funny. "Can I make you a drink?"

Nodding her head, Stevie follows after Lindsey, taking a seat on one of the stools, two separating her and the redhead. 

"You're not really supposed to be here." Lindsey lowers his voice, saying that. "What about us not being seen together?"

"You've met my husband, Lindsey. I think we're way past not being seen in public." 

"What's up with you?" Lindsey senses there's something not quite alright, as he passes her that drink.

"I had an argument with Jeff when I returned last night." Stevie sighs, downing the alcohol in one big gulp. "Another one, please." Arching his eyebrow at her, Lindsey refills. "It wasn't much of an argument. I went to let him know I came back and he got startled, spilled his drink over some document I guess, yelled at me. I went to bed in tears, he slept in the guest room."

"He's such an idiot. If you were my wife, I wouldn't treat you the way he does. I'd worship the ground you walk on." That gets a small smile out of Stevie, as she looks down at Lindsey's hand covering hers. Leaning in a bit closer, he adds. "You deserve better, Steph."

Swallowing the lump that formed in her throat due to what she is about to say, Stevie lowers her eyes, biting her lip. Finishing her second glass for courage, she locks eyes with Lindsey. "I think... this whole open marriage things was just the beginning. I was telling myself that that would be enough, but I think I knew Jeff wouldn't change. Jeff hates me for agreeing to it. I think he bet on me saying no. Therefore, he pushes me farther away more and more with each day. And he's pushing me into your arms... I didn't want to admit it to myself or you, but I... I'm attached to you, Lindsey. There are so many strings binding us together..."

Shocked to say the least, Lindsey pours himself a drink and it's gone right away. Running a hand over his face, he exhales heavily, looking down, before lifting his eyes up at Stevie. She doesn't look away from him for a second.

"I wanted you to open up to me." Lindsey says and the corners of Stevie's mouth turn up, however, just for a short moment. "Now I wish you didn't."

She wishes she didn't as well... "Why?" 

"I'll want more. I'm afraid you won't give it to me." Lindsey admits easily and sees the expression on Stevie's face change; she seems sad. 

"You don't know that."

"Oh? Well, are you going to file for divorce?" He doesn't want to upset her more, but he can't help asking the question. "You're just going to go back to your husband and children. What about me? As usual, I'll be waiting for the next time I get to see you, get to have you for a little while. I'm sick of it. I don't want a couple of hours, I want you all the time." He says, out of all things sounding angry, almost accusatory. 

If she were honest, Stevie hasn't thought that far ahead. Telling Lindsey what she did was already taking a huge step for her. 

"I will go back to Jeff, you're right, but... if it makes you feel better, it won't make me happy. I'll wish, I was with you. I always do." Sliding of the high stool, Stevie pulls her hand away forcefully, when Lindsey reaches for it and leaves in a hurry. He knows better than to go after her.

There are other people at the pub, but the only one who was paying any attention was the redhead. She eyes Lindsey, who's hung his head low, bringing a hand up to his face, wiping under his eyes quickly.

"I shouldn't have gone after a man in love. I didn't know." She says.