Chapter Twenty-Three

Please Vote and Comment.

"Alec?" I called as I kept watch of the news on the t.v.

"What is it babe?" He asked walking in from laying our little angel in bed.

"Look at this." I said as I raised the volume a little.

"Earlier this morning Justin Long was arrested at his office in Los Angeles. An unidentified source tipped them off on some shady dealings Long senior and his son were a part of. The dealings had gone bad and the company had neared bankruptcy. It is believed Justin Long had tried to get money from Reece Hale but the deal had fallen through when she caught him in bed with her sister. Justin was not fazed and had maliciously taken money from the now late Riley Scott. It seems justice was served."

Justice??? I scoffed.

I had not realised I was crying till I felt Alec's hands pull me into his embrace.

There was no justice there! My sister lay six feet under and the only parent her daughter was left with is a crook of a father.

                                ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I didn't think you'd come." Gabby greeted.

"I need to talk to you. I didn't have much of a choice."

"Come.... Sit." She called as she lead me to the balcony of their new apartment.

"Where's Lucca?"

"They're having a men's day out : him, his dad and Dante." She replied as she handed me a glass of wine.

"Yeah...... I left my angel with Alec."

"Still no name?"

"Nothing yet."

"How's Alec handling everything?"

"Better than I'd expected."

"What had you expected?"

"That he'd flee." I said with a sigh, my gaze on the liquid swirling in my glass.

"Why?"

"My life has had too much drama lately."

"At least yours wasn't life threatening." Gabby mused and I couldn't help looking up at her. She'd been through a lot. Both her and Lucca.

"Yeah. I guess so."

"Did you ever forgive your sister?"

"Yes."

"Was it easy?"

"No but I couldn't be bothered to hold a grudge when I was losing her. The last few moments we had together before she...... They were the best I've ever had with her. She finally felt like family again."

"Then tell me what's bothering you."

I sighed. She could always read me so well.