Part Nine

A few hours passed, time flying by as Preston scrolled through his Twitter feed. He'd followed a few fans, and watched as they freaked out, a faint smile playing on his lips.

Finally, it was three. Hearing a knock, he looked up, locking gazes with the quiet boy from before. Ty.

Without a word, Ty motioned for him to follow. Preston quickly stood, trailing after the shorter boy. It was silent the entire way. Ty didn't even try to start up a conversation, and Preston was too afraid of bothering the small teenager.

When they neared the dining room, Ty paused. The stop was so sudden that Preston had to reel back to keep himself from crashing into Ty. He turned to look at Preston, brows furrowed and eyes narrowed.

"Yes?" Preston asked tensely.

"Watch out, Preston. I know about him. You're lucky I'm not like them." Ty's voice was so very quiet, and so very serious. "Be careful." And with that, he disappeared through the doors of the dining room.

Preston stood there, rigid and unmoving. Then he shook his head, making his way into the room as well. He stopped in his tracks, feeling thirty eyes focus on him.

There were a lot of people.

Mostly boys, but there were several girls as well. They all stared at him. The silence was deafening, until someone finally spoke up.

"Hey, Preston! Sorry, I know this is a bit overwhelming..." Adam gave him a big smile, and the tension seemed to melt away at once. "Here... I'll introduce everyone. Is that okay, guys? Okay! Good! You should already know Mitch, Jerome, Seto, Jason and Ty..."

Each looked over at their name, except for Ty, who's face flushed red at the sound of his name.

"There's Dakota and Quentin over there. Then, there's Ian, and Ryan... Oh, and don't forget Dan and Dawn!"

Dakota and Quentin were too busy talking to pay much attention. Ian gave a small wave, Dan nodded, and Dawn flashed him a sweet smile. Ryan looked up with a mouthful of food, quickly covering his mouth with a hand and swallowing.

"And of course, we can't forget our creative crew! You three introduce yourselves."

All three of them slowly raised their heads, exchanging doubtful looks. Two boys, who sat unusually close to one another, and a thin girl. Each had a bizarre look to them. "I'm James." One of the boys finally muttered, peering through blue hair at Preston.

"Inge." The other sighed. Those green dyed locks matched his eyes perfectly.

"They call me Bonkers." The girl shrugged lightly. "I'm the artist. They're the animators."

"And I'm Adam! Welcome to Team Crafted, Preston!"

The words rung out around the room, excitement suddenly buzzing in the air. "Welcome to Team Crafted!"

"Oh-I... Um... Nice to meet you all. Thank you." Preston ducked his head, embarrassed by all of the attention.

"Now, let's eat!" Adam laughed, motioning towards an empty chair for Preston. It was next to James, the animator. A paper plate of McDonalds was thrown his way.

Everyone dug into the feast, and after some hesitation, Preston did as well. He listened to everyone's conversations, while he himself remained silent.

"Aren't you one of those Pack boys?" James' voice caused him to jump. For whatever reason, there was a scornful tone in it.

"Be nice." Inge gave his arm a light squeeze. "Preston is our guest." A soft smile directed towards the embarrassed Texan.

"What do you do, Preston? We'd love to have another member of the crew." Bonkers murmured, watching him with keenful eyes.

His mouth felt dry. "I-Um... I'm from The Pack, yeah... But Mitch and Jerome are too?... So..." Preston swallowed hard. "And, um. I know how to draw..."

"Wait, really?" All three stared at him.
"You should come hang with us sometime! I'm always looking for an artist buddy!" Bonkers was thrilled by the discovery.

"Yeah... My bo-... friend can animate. His name is Rob. So, maybe..."

"Inge...?" James looked towards his friend for support.

Inge shrugged softly. "We'll see." He murmured, swirling a fry in ketchup.

"He's moving in too, isn't he?" Ian, who was seated on his other side, leaned in and joined the conversation. Immediately, James and Inge shut up, their bodies tense as they turned towards each other. Even Bonkers seemed uncomfortable. "I can't wait to meet the rest of your friends, Preston."

How strange... They were all Team Crafted... But this little group, the 'creative crew'. They seemed almost outcasted.

I have a lot to learn about all of them. He thought to himself. With a sigh, he started chatting with Ian... Unaware of the gaze which bore into his skin.

(List of Team Crafted Members;
Adam/SkyDoesMinecraft
Ty/Deadlox
Jerome/JeromeASF
Mitch/BajanCanadian
Ian/Ssundee
Jason/TrueMU
Seto/SetoSorcerer
Dawn/Dawnables (her and Adam are broken up.)
Quentin/HuskyMudKipz
Dakota/KermitPlaysMinecraft
CaveManFilms/Dan
XRpMx13/Ryan
BlueMonkey/James
WeedLion/Inge
DeceptiBonk/Bonkers

and now...
PrestonPlayz/Preston
Woofless/Rob
Vikkstar123/Vikk
Lachlan/Lachlan (lmao)