~ten~

Journal Entry #83
12/04/16
Its been almost a month since Grayson has asked me out. Everything has been going great. I've gotten to know Lisa and the twins quite well, as for they're father, he works a lot, i might add. But other than that things have been going good. Slow. Grayson, he is taking things slower than I had imagined. He hasn't kissed me yet. I mean, three dates and no kiss? Maybe he's having second thoughts about me? I'm confused because I think things are going well but I've hinted that I've been waiting for a kiss and he blows me off. Every Time! Other than that, i'm happy for Cassie and Evan. If he's happy, i'm happy, it'll be great!
Also Christmas break is coming up, meaning so is the dance. The theme this year, "Sparkling Snow-dance," matches with the dress I picked out a while back, thank God I don't have to deal with 2 weeks of trying on dresses that don't fit or being to long or not finding the right colours.

The sound of a text ding came from my phone and I immediately stopped writing in my Journal. I picked up the phone that lay on my bed, looking at it I read "Gray <3" in bold letters.
---
Gray <3

Hey sunshine, wyd?

Me
not much, just writing, whats up?

Gray <3
I can't make it to the winter dance.
I'm going out of town with the fam.

Me
I already bought a dress Gray

Gray <3
Ugh Al
Go without me, it'll be fun!

Me
wow
nah, i wont go either

Gray <3 read
--

"Al!"
I looked around the room in confusion, wondering who and why someone was calling my name.
"Al!"
I look outside my window to see Taylor, her arms were full with a big box. I open the window, "Hey Tay, what the heck are you doing?"
"Open the door." She demanded. "This is so heavy!"

I ran downstairs and quickly opened the door for her to come in. Taylor set the things on the couch and groaned. "Ow, my arms. they feel like noodles."
"Taylor? Hun, what is this stuff?" I ask genuinely confused. "Oh right," She explained. "This is preparation, for the dance. And I may have brought a box of things to burn from Elliot." She sighed, tears suddenly filled her eyes.

"Awe, Tay, it'll be okay." I explained, pulling her into a hug.

Taylor and Elliot broke up. His dad got moved to work in some other state so Elliot moved with him. They both thought long distance was hard to deal with so they ended it. Poor Taylor couldn't handle it and for two weeks she's been having random sad outbursts.

"Look, there are plenty fish in the sea." I tried to comfort her. I didn't seem to work because she looked at me with sad pouty eyes and replied with "But he was MY fish. Elliot was my fish and he chose to move instead of stay here with me."
I sighed. "I know Taylor. I'm sorry. But hey maybe burning all this stiff will help you move on?" I pulled her into a hug. "Your the best Ali." She replied.

"Listen, since Gray isn't coming to the dance, why don't we go together?" I asked.
"Grayson isn't coming? Why not?" she sniffled.
"He said he's leaving town. It's a lame excuse if you ask me." I rolled my eyes.
Silence filled the room before Taylor let out a big sigh and said "Boys suck, we dont need them! Let's go to the dance together!"
We both giggled and agreed. The thought of having Taylor to myself for the night sounded fun. I was excited because we both haven't had time to hang out alone in a while.

--

The day has come, last day of school until Christmas break and the dance was today.

"Done yet?!" Tay yelled.
"Almost, be right down." I replied, grabbing my hoop earrings. I rushed out of the bathroom and ran downstairs. "You look amazing Tay!"
"Al!" Taylor gasped. "you look stunning!" I smiled "Thanks! The Uber is here, let's go!" I grabbed my purse and we both left in excitement.

                        //

As soon as we got to the dance, Taylor and I decided to look for Tobi and Ryan. As soon as we spotted them, we grab them by the arms and drag them to the dance floor. Music blasted throughout the gymnasium, blue and white lights filled every corner and fog made its way through every area it could.

"Ugh guys," I pant. "I'm going to go get some punch, anybody want?" I point to the punch table.
"We're good." They yell and continue to dance.
As soon as I get closer to the table I spot a familiar face. Grayson?

He came to the dance with the boys? Why did he lie?
I was boiling in anger. I march to Grayson, his back was turned to me, I tap on his shoulder and add "I thought you were going out of town?"
"Al, you're here?" He gulped. "I thought you said you weren't com-" He stopped himself.
"Wow." I crossed my arms and scoffed.
"Oh hey sweetcakes!" Josh says walking up to us. I rolled my eyes and started to walk away. "You told her when I wasn't here? I wanted to see that!" Josh smacked Graysons shoulder.
"Told me what?" I looked at Josh.
"About the da-"
"Shut up Josh!" Grayson interrupted.
I turn back to Grayson, "Tell me what, Grayson?"
He look down, refusing to make eye contact with me.
"It was a dare, it was supposed to be a joke." Grayson said lowering the volume of his voice.
"What?" I was confused, my face begin to get hot.
"Should I tell her? I don't think he has the guts" Josh shot in.

Josh laughed. "You were a dare Allison. He asked you out last month because of a dare, okay? Gray you didn't catch feelings for her, did you? I mean, look at her, she's pathetic." He nudged Gray.
"You're disgusting." I pushed Josh out of my way. Tears started to fill my eyes. I started to run to the closest exit.

Leaving the school, I walk past Ryan. "Hey, Al, what's wrong?" He asked, grabbing my hand.
My eyes didn't make contact with him, I bit my lip and sniffled, trying not to let out another tear.
"What's wrong Ali?" He repeated.
"He used me." I whispered. "Grayson used me for him and his friend's entertainment. He was messing with me, He never like me." I blurted out.

"Allison, can you let me explain." Grayson shouted, running out the school.  I turn around,
"Don't." I furrow my eyebrows.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to happen this way, I didn't want to embarrass y-" I cut him off.
"You didn't mean for it to happen this way? How'd you expect this to happen? Me laughing it off and we have the time of our lives in there? You used me. You played you're little game with Josh and embarrassed me." I wiped my eyes, "Im just a dare to you." I gulped. I couldn't hold back my tears, every ounce of me felt betrayed and I couldn't look at him anymore.
"Please, just wait." Grayson tried to pull me closer to him. "Screw off, Grayson, go find someone else to play with!" I say pushing him away.

"Ali." Grayson tried to grab my hand again.
"Stop it, Grayson. Not that it-it matters but we're over." the crying had caused me to stumble my words.
Ryan stepped in,"I think you've done enough damage Grayson." He put his hand on Grays shoulder.
"Don't freaking touch me. Al, I care about y-"
"Stop Grayson." Ryan tried to hold him back. Grayson suddenly turned to Ryan and shoved him, almost knocking him to the ground.

"Grayson!" I shouted. "Just leave!" I yelled. "Honestly go!" I added.

"Fine." He sighed, "I'm sorry." He mumbled then walked back into the school.

"Thanks, Ryan. I'm sorry you had to deal-" He cut me off. "Don't be sorry, I was looking out for you."
I smiled in security and comfort and he shot one back.
"You drive right?" I looked around. "Yeah." He replied.
"Can you give me a ride home?"
"sure, this dance is lame anyways." He said.

Enjoy/Comment/Share/Vote!!