⇉ twenty one

twenty one - Saying Goodbyes

    ‘’Legacy,’’ Cory Matthews read off of the board. Though, he was distracted by a goose that was dressed up in Einstein Academy’s uniform sitting on top of Farkle’s desk. ‘’Why is Farkle a goose?’’

    ‘’That’s the Einstein Academy goose,’’ Riley informs him simply.

    ‘’Oh,’’ He nods his head. Though he mocked the information that was now learned when mumbling, ‘’Of course, the Einstein Academy goose.’’ His voice got louder when egging on, ‘’Why is it on Farkle’s desk?’’

    ‘’Einstein captured Farkle.’’

    ‘’It was their end of the year prank,’’ Lucas clarifies more in debt.

    ‘’So since they took our mascot-’’

    Riley finished Maya’s plan, smiling sweetly. ‘’We took theirs and now we’re even.’’

    ‘’Farkle’s not our mascot,’’ Mr. Matthews counters.

    Ryan extends an arm to point at him and widen her eyes. ‘’Thank you!’’

    Maya jerks her head back and furrows her brows, shaking her head. ‘’What would you call him then?’’

    Ryan watched her teacher his gaze shifted over to the Texan that sat behind the feisty blonde, jutting his chin out to him as he questions, ‘’Where’s Zay? They got Zay too?’’

    Lucas glanced back at the empty desk behind before turning back to face his teacher while telling him, ‘’Zay’s back in Texas. He’s a Vanessa’s spring formal.’’

    ‘’Ooh,’’ Riley, Maya and Ryan drawls. They had smirked knowing fully that Vanessa and Zay had definitely grown closer since their last visit in Texas as a whole group.

    ‘’Alright guys,’’ Mr. Matthews calls for his students attention. ‘’Listen up. It’s your last week of school. This is my last chance to teach you something.’’

    Maya’s features twist from disbelieve as she asks, ‘’You have more to teach us?’’

    ‘’I have so much more I wanna teach you,’’ He emphasized sincerely. ‘’So much more. I mean, you guys are gonna be leaving this place. What will you be leaving behind? What is your legacy? I want to talk about not just what you’ve gotten from this place, but what you’ve given.’’

    ‘’He’s right,’’ Maya agrees, turning to look at her friends. She looks around incredulously, exclaiming, ‘’We still haven’t thought of our class prank! I was thinking we could let all of the air out of school. Everybody would just be like..’’

    Maya brought her hands up to her neck and starts choking, imitating the results.

    ‘’You know,’’ Ryan tilts her head to the side. ‘’I don’t know whose worse, you or Riley?’’

    Maya giggles, ‘’It would be hi-larious.’’

    ‘’I’ll tell you what’s hi-larious,’’ Farkle ridiculed as he stormed into the classroom. Ryan grew a smile at the sight of his disheveled hair. ‘’Nobody saved me! Why did nobody save me?’’