Chapter 6

Two weeks has gone by like a blink of an eye. Everyone was quickly adjusting to my soldiers and my stay. Aella and Isa, on the other hand, were still quite upset. Aella still won't talk to me. Isa kept throwing glares at me whenever she sees me. Beta Kane has been finding every chance he could get to speak with Aella.

It was getting a little irritating. He would find an excuse to speak to 'his' alpha. I don't like that Beta very much. Aella and I were outside watching Nixon train my soldiers. After a moment, Aella snorted and I turned to her an arch an eyebrow. She shrugged her shoulders and I decided to let it go. I turned back to the training. A moment later, she did it again. I rolled my eyes and turned to look at her.

"What is on your mind?" I asked.

"Nothing." She responded bitterly.

"There must be something on your mind because you keep making these sounds that are starting to irritate me. Now, you are going to tell me one way or another. Don't make me force it out of you." I turned to face her fully.

She nodded her head. "Alright. Fine. Your soldiers are well trained soldiers but we have been doing this routine daily enough for me to see what you really do as a leader. Have you stopped to think that maybe your soldiers are exhausted from all the training? When I place my soldiers on a training schedule, they have at least some time to themselves and to spend with their family.

How long exactly are you planning on staying here? Forever? Eternity? You can't change my mind. If no one is going to challenge me then it is best if I remain as an Alpha and you order your soldiers to go back home to their family. You can't be here watching over me. We don't need you. I don't need you."

"You want a challenge, Aella?" I asked as I crept closer. My chest now pressed against hers, forcing her to look up at me. "Then fight me. If I beat you, your title is mine."

I saw a brief moment of hesitation before it flashed back to her fiery attitude. I hadn't seen that attitude in days. I was glad to see it. I took out my key and unlocked both of our hands. She rubbed her wrist before taking a step back.

By now, people were gathering around us. Curious. I placed my hand on the bottom hem of my shirt and lifted it over my head. I didn't miss the way her gaze ran over my body before she blinked and the lustful look disappeared.

I crossed my arms across my chest. "Let's see what you got."

She was quick. I haven't seen fast speed like hers in years. She successfully landed a few punches on my face and body. I quickly caught on and deflected the moves before landing one on her stomach. I heard her grunt in pain.

If I was right on this, she knew that strength was not in her favor but agility was. She will try to land hits with her speed. I needed to be fast. Her kicks came soon after her fist. She landed a blow onto my thigh and I buckled a little.

When she went down in attempt to knock me flat on my back, I jumped to evade her move. So far, she has landed several punches on me. I could do the same but after hitting her in the guts I felt bad and I found myself just deflecting her moves.

"You're weak, General." She taunted.

"Weak?" I repeated as I blocked another move.

"You're weak and a pathetic excuse for a General. It makes me wonder what will happen if you found your mate?" She taunted.

My heart turned cold. My eyes narrowed into slits and a snarl left my lips. "Don't, Aella."

"Did I hit a nerve? So you did find your mate? Did she leave you because you were weak? Weak and poor excuse of a mate?" She taunted and because I was so absorbed in her words, she knocked me to the ground with a punch.