3. Night to Remember - TOK

@SimplyMQ said:

#theirthings one shot of Kat and Raphael on their wedding night!!!!!

Rating: Mature (M A T U R E)

Read at your own risk and don't bitch about it later on about how I didn't warn you.

* * *

Katerina Kolosov-Doukas' POV

"My feet hurt," I complained through gritted teeth as I hobbled most unseemly into the lovely villa that my husband's family owned in Spain.

Behind me, Raphael sighed, used to hearing me complain about this issue for what seems like the umpteenth time. "I told you to think twice about wearing those heels of yours," he repeated as he carried the two duffel bags into the house before placing them onto one of the many tables in the hallway.

"Hello, are you seriously complaining when I'm the one in pain?" I retorted and bent down to remove my heels. "Plus, I'm only getting married once, and I can't not wear heels on my wedding day."

Even though my back was facing his, I knew that Raphael was rolling his eyes at me.

"We changed out before coming here, you could have worn something more sensible," he pointed out and I pursed my lips, not wanting to admit he was right. We did change out of our outfits and wore something more causal, but I couldn't resist the gorgeous heels.It was a pride issue, okay?

"Whatever," I snapped in response before slumping onto the couch in exhaustion. "Why did no one tell me weddings were exhausting? I smiled so much that my cheeks hurt and it almost killed me on how nice I had to be," I groaned and Raphael snorted as I threw the stupid heels onto the ground once I removed them.

"Give me your feet," he ordered as he settled beside me on the sofa.

"What? Why?" I narrowed my eyes at him suspiciously but did so anyway, laying my feet over his lap.

Raphael didn't respond but promptly began massaging my tortured feet and I groaned in delight and shut my eyes as he gave my poor feet some relief.

"Officially, the best husband ever," I announced and Raphael arched an eyebrow at me.

"I don't see how I can be the best, seeing that I'm the only husband you would ever have," Raphael replied, his expression light but his tone a tad bit possessive.

I smirked in response, not wanting to reply but shut my eyes as his hands rubbed away the knots that were gathered in the muscles of my feet and calves.

"You know what?" I asked and Raphael raised his head to look at me. "Yes?"

"Pancakes," I announced and my husband arched a brow at me, bemused. "Pancakes?"

"Yes, pancakes. With honey and strawberries. Please?" I shot wide innocent looking eyes at him and Raphael sighed before getting to his feet obligingly and ambled off in the direction to where the kitchen was.

Once I was sure that he was out of sight, I quickly got to my feet, grabbed my duffel bag, and ran up the stairs to where the nearest bathroom was.

I wasn't really craving pancakes, it was all just a ploy for Raphael to be distracted before I could surprise him. I entered the bedroom and stopped at the sight of a thick photo album in the middle of the bed. On it was a little card that had my name in Raphael's distinctive scrawl.

Slowly, I reached for the photo album and opened it to see that it was filled with photos of Raphael and I. The first page was of us when we were babies before slowly progressing to when we were toddlers and so on.