•°•CHAPTER 4 •°•

Slowly , cautiously Kiara stepped out of the limo with Trish right by her side as they made their way towards the large event hall.

"Check out all these people" Trish whisper yelled as they made their way towards the entrance where there seemed to be a large herd of people.

"Miss, please stay close" Her body guard Adam told them as he scanned the crowd for threats.

Just then there was a loud scream and before it could even be registered, Kiara was engulfed in a warm bone crushing bear hug.

"Kiara baby, look how you've grown" the woman pulled away revealing the beautiful face of Jordan's mother, "My god you look gorgeous."

Kiara let out a big genuine smile as she looked into the woman's face, truth be told she had always loves this woman even though her son seemed to cause her great pain she had always been like a mother to her right after Aunt Martha.

"I've missed you Belinda, how is Jazz and Jor......"

"Oh their doing marvellous" she cut her off her deep chocolate brown eyes sparkling, "I almost believed you wouldn't come my dear"

She laughed lightly, "Of course I would, after aunt Martha told Trish and I about it, we couldn't miss it" she paused motioning to Trish who seemed distracted.

"Oh, hi Trish" Belinda turned her attention to her, "I've heard so much about you"

"Yeah me too" Trish offered a hand, "the event décor is quite charming"

Ignoring her outstretched hand Belinda pulled Trish into her loving arms, "You're family, I don't shake family"

When you they pulled apart Trish smiled brightly, as Belinda turned to Kiara.

"I'm sure you're aware that you are one of the main celebrities at this event dear, everyone is so excited to see you".

Nodding Kiara frowned slightly, "You said I'm one of the celebrities here" she paused already dreading an answer, "Who else is here"

Belinda's smile dropped slightly as she gave Kiara a look, "You mean Martha didn't tell you?".

Kiara turned slightly to Trish who shook her head, "No she didn't"

"Oh" Belinda held onto her hand, "well its Jordan, he's one of the celebrities here, since he is the CEO of Starks limited"

Kiara took a deep breath, "So I might have to work with him if we want this charity event to work out"

"Look you don't have to do this, I could just......"

Kiara shook her head, "No, I'm doing this.

"Darling are you sure?"

Kiara forced a smile, "I'm doing this for the benefit of the town and the orphaned children" she paused not looking Belinda in the eye, "Jordan is the least of my worries"

Not looking convinced Belinda turned to Trish, "Then I guess I'll direct you guys to your assigned seats"

"Lead the way"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~°

Jordan looked around the event hall, wondering how much people had come with in the space of an hour.

"What a crowd" Jazz mused as he watched random people interact.

Jordan nodded, not looking at her, "I wonder who the other celebrity is" he mused.

"You don't know?" Jazz finally got his full undivided attention, he shook his head.

"Its......."

Just then a striking red head waltzed over, draping her arms around his neck.

"Hey baby" she purred seductively, "miss me?"

Jordan turned to look at her.

"Well its a good thing you came Scarlet, take a seat".

With a little smile she took the seat right beside Jordan, brushing against him lightly.

"And who is this?" Jazz looked bored by the one sided show of affection.

Before Jordan could say a word Scarlet gave her a fake smile, "Scarlet river, Jordan's girlfriend".

Simultaneously both siblings rolled their eyes.

"She's my date for tonight" Jordan spoke up, "this is my sister Jazz".

"OMG, Jazz like the song?" She giggled, "how cute".

"Idiot" Jazz muttered under her breath.

"What was that dear?" She asked by was interrupted when the lights dimmed and someone came onto the stage.

"Good evening all" the speakers voice boomed acrass the large hall, "First of all I want to thank you all for coming to this event, and as we all know your support would be greatly valued for this cause" he gave a big smile to the crowd, "this event is for the financial support of the less less privileged in the community and also mainly based on funding the reconstruction and general upkeep of the orphanage and of course the orphans."

He paused his gaze raking the crowd, "So now I would like us to give a warm welcome to the brain behind this event, Mrs Belinda Starks."

The crowd of people gave out a thunderous applause as Belinda walked elegantly to the stage from the back.

"I want to thank you all for attending this event" she started her eyes scanning the crowd as she dived into a heart warming speech.

After a few hours of Jordan successfully tuning out, something or someone caught his attention from a cross the room.

She looked very engrossed in whatever the other woman was saying, her hands supporting her chin as she nodded and smiled occasionally.

And he couldn't stop staring.

As if suddenly on alert, she lifted her head and seemed to scan the room.

Her gaze suddenly landed on him and for a moment they just stared at each other.

Electricity seemed to sizzle as time stopped and all Jordan could do was stare at this enchanting beauty. Her plump lips opened slightly as she seemed to draw in a breath.

He couldn't tell the colour of her eyes but he didn't quite miss the slight spark of fear that crossed her eyes as she suddenly turned away, breaking him from his hypnotic trance.

Suddenly his mother's voice interrupted his train of thoughts as she seemed to announce a name.

People seemed to run wild as she was cheered by obviously adoring fans.

Suddenly the woman's gaze shifted to the stage as she slowly got up and headed there, her dress doing wonders to her impressive figure.

Still entranced he watched as she stepped onto the stage and collected the microphone.

She cleared her throat and gave a smile that seemed to draw Jordan in as her delicate fingers curled around the mic.

"Good evening beautiful people" her voice was like chocolate, coated with cream and strawberry. Silky and unbelievably soft.

"I'm Kiara Mathews and let's just say its a pleasure to be here again"