•°•CHAPTER 5•°•

"Kiara" Jordan whispered the  name trying to recall exactly where he heard it from but came up with nothing.

"Baby" Scarlet gave him a look,    " are you okay?."

He nodded, not looking away from Kiara , "Yeah I'm fine."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~°

Kiara couldn't breathe.

There she was having a light conversation with Trish when she felt a bit uneasy, almost like she was being watched.

Slowly and cautiously she let her eyes wander her surrounding when they came to an abrupt stop.

She froze, her heart pounded violently against her chest.

Staring right at her with so much intensity was none other than the devil himself.

His deep coffee brown orbs took her in with so much intensity it took her breath away.

Her eyes scanned his features, features that caused her so many sleepless nights.

And oh how she wished those features were as welcoming as the man himself.

A man who had caused her so much pain it hurt to recall, those eyes that seemed to hold secrets she had hoped to uncover, only to have her heart shattered to pieces all thanks to her own stupidity.

Then suddenly a wave of panic hit her, making fear swell in the depths of her fragile heart.

Fear that she might seem foolish to him, stupid in fact for having had the audacity to believe he could have loved someone like her.

"Never again" she chanted to herself, "I will not be made a fool of ever again."

Suddenly she felt someone poke her in the side, bringing her out of her thoughts and in the process saving her from the beauty of the eyes that belonged to the one she had loved.

"Are you okay?" Trish questioned looking concerned.

She nodded, clearing her head.

"Its time" she gave a supportive smile, "go make your speech"

With a nod Kiara got up.

Slowly... sensually she made her way towards the stage, her pure white dress doing wonders to the every curve of her body.

The crowd cheered, applauding the elegant beauty as she made her way to the stage, sharing a peck on the cheek with Belinda who handed her the mic.

As she turned to the awaiting guests, letting a bright smile take over, her perfect white teeth flashing immediately lighting the entire room.

She cleared her throat and scanned the crowd.

"Good evening beautiful people" she paused for effect, " I'm Kiara Matthews and its a pleasure to be here again."

Pouring her heart to the guests, Kiara spoke about her dedication to the cause.

Pointing out the issues faced by the orphans she related these people with her life story.

"As an orphan I would like to tell you all that the loss of ones parents is not a matter to drop or to be treated lightly" she paused trying to get herself in check, "I will not lie to you, every child that loses these important figures we call parents in their life tend to have a scar."

"An emotional scar that sometimes seem impossible to fade." Her voice came out stronger, "but I can't exactly say that my life was a total mess because I was blessed with someone who cared."