Chapter 3

A/N: Things are a little different. So Antonio is still in CPD. Lexi is still alive and is the same age as Sara.

3 hours earlier.

Everything was going as planned. Since it was the end of year party the boys in Sara's class had managed to open the school gym for them, with all teachers gone and no cameras in that block it had been the perfect place.

The music was blaring, everyone was dancing, drinking and enjoying with each other. The newly christened seniors had made it a great start to the Summer break.

Sara had summoned one of her friends over, insisting she needed the bathroom otherwise she was going to 'burst'. Lexi, her friend had agreed to go with her. Growing up the two girls had become really close but that had been expected seeing as their parents had both been working in the precinct.

"Do girls have to go in pairs to use the bathroom?" One of the guys in their class joked.

Lexi scoffed. "Is that even a question?"

The girls were gossiping as they wandered down the hallways, giggling away as they tried to hush each other, the effects of the alcohol clearly kicking in. That's when they heard it.

A gunshot.

The two girls sobbered instantly. Both sharing a look. "Wha-what was that?" Sara asked.

"It's probably just the boys, busted the boombox." Lexi said, her voice shaking as she tried to reassure her friend.

"Yeah." Sara nodded.

But no, it wasn't. Screams.

Sara was frozen, all sense vanished from her head, it took Lexi grabbing her hand for her to be brought back to the present. Taking a breath, she knew what she needed to do. Tugging at her friend's arm she dragged her through the hallways. They needed to find somewhere to hide, somewhere where they could baraccade themselves in.

But they weren't alone.

Present.

Meanwhile, at the school, the team had all been called in and any usual grumbles about being called in early had vanished once they had heard about the girls. Sara and Lexi were their own. Unlike Sara, Lexi didn't spend much time at the precinct and only an occasional visit but that hadn't meant that no one was worried.

Al, had arrived shortly after Hank, Erin and Jay and similar to the three, he was in panic mode. His daughter was in that building.

SWAT had been deployed into the building despite Voight's continuous protests.

Erin was stood, her bulletproof vest strapped tightly and her coat wrapped around her body. She had refused to move from this spot, she wanted to be the first one in when SWAT cleared the shooters.

"She's going to be okay, Erin." Jay reassured his girlfriend, his hand gently running up and down her arm. He knew Erin was struggling, she was most likely blaming herself for allowing Sara to go to the party in the first place. "She's tough, just like her mom." He said, a smile appearing on his lips.

Erin shrugged off his touch. "Yeah, but what kinda mom let's her daughter get herself into this position." She seethed, marching towards Hank who had bben conversing with the SWAT team. They needed to be out there.

"How are you doing?" Antonio asked, Antonio had been a good friend to Jay, he had even got him the job in the unit. Sensing Jay's answer, the Dawson cut him off. "Like you said, she WILL be okay."

Jay nodded. "We better hope so."

"We have the shooters. Shooters are in custody." SWAT officer Hopkins' voice called over the radios.