Chapter 10

A/N: 1.04k Views!! Remember to let me know what fics you want to read!!
***

When Jay walked into Molly's that night it was fairly quiet and only had the usual characters, namely the firefighters of 51, doctors, nurses and of course the intelligence unit that were seated at their usual booth to the side of the bar.

"Halstead" Atwater called over as he caught sight of Jay walking into the bar.

Acknowledging the group that consisted of Atwater, Ruzek, Burgess and Antonio, Jay joined them.

"Hey man. Didn't think you were gonna come down." Atwater commented, as he finished the bottle he had been drinking.

"Erin and Sara are curled up at home." He explained, lightly.

Jay had left Erin and Sara watching re runs of 'Two and a half men' and had come out to meet the rest of the unit as per Erin's suggestion.

At first, he was hesitant but Erin reassured that she and Sara would be happily occupied with the DVD on, hot chocolate in their hands and a bowl of popcorn on their knee.

Looking around, he noticed the empty beers. "I'll get a round in, what's everyone want?"

"Beers." Came echoes from the men, whilst Burgess seemed to hesitate with her decision.

"Oh, I'll have a Cranberry and Vodka please, Jay." Burgess changed her mind. She had been slightly gutted that Erin hadn't joined them but if she was going to get into intelligence, she had to make an effort with the guys too.

Nodding, he turned around and headed up to the bar.

"What can I get for you?" Gabby asked as she headed the bar. Gabby and Jay had a brief fling when Molly's had first opened, after deciding to call it a day, the two remained close friends.

"Six..bottles and a Cranberry and Vodka for Burgess." Jay ordered before adding Burgess' order with a raised eyebrow.

As he waited for Gabby, he wrapped his fingers on the bar surface, waving as he caught sight of a few familiar faces.

"Detective." Chris greeted with a friendly smile as he joined Gabby behind the bar. "We heard about Sara...how's she doing?" He finished with a sympathetic sigh.

Jay looked up towards the older firefighter, "She's well- as well as can be expected, a little shaken." He shrugged, not really sure how to explain it, not when he wasn't sure himself. "Spending some time with her mom tonight."

"So they kicked you out." Kelly chuckled, taking a sip from the bottle as he sat on one of the bar stools. Kelly had briefly been in a relationship with Detective Lindsay and in turn had formed a bond with Sara, despite being separated that bond with Kelly and 51 remained strong.

"Pretty much." Jay agreed, not that he minded, they deserved some 'mom and daughter' time.

"Are you any closer to catching them?" Matt joined in on the conversation from the other side of Kelly. After the shooting, as alderman, Matt Casey, had vowed to add the issue to his itinerary. This was not to happen again and any student that needed support following the events would receive the upmost focus.

Jay shook his head sadly. They hadn't learnt anything of use in the recent days.

"Well send her our love and tell her 51 would love to see her soon." Matt smiled as he clasped a hand on the man's back.

"I'm sure she'll appreciate it, thank you guys." Jay said, gratefully. Sara really had everyone's hearts.

****