Chapter 42 - Letting Go

As promised, here's a new chapter! (It's after midnight here, and I've been working on this all day, so please excuse any typos.)

I can't say that this chapter is happy either... srry m8

HAHAHAH Yup, it's all going downhill from here folks.

please don't kill me.

Enjoy the chapter tho? :))))))

Song- Louis Tomlinson & Steve Aoki, Just Hold On

~Jessica

"Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness."

-Steve Maraboli

+Payton's POV+

I woke up feeling like I had just been run over by a truck.

My head pounded, my eyes were all swollen.

I walked into the bathroom and locked the door behind me. Staring at the mirror, I examined myself.

"I look like complete and utter shit," I said to myself, prodding at my face.

Peeling the clothes I had on last night off, I jumped into the shower.

Feeling the warm water slide down my back was definitely much needed after everything that happened yesterday.

Finally getting out of the shower, I brushed my teeth and wrapped a towel around me. Walking out, and back into my room, I opened my closet and rummaged for an outfit.

Most of my professional work attire was still at Hunter's place, but I managed to find the blouse and skirt I had worn to the interview, and slipped that on.

I gave up on the makeup; mainly because it wouldn't help cover anything up, it'd still look like I had been crying.

Taking a deep breath in, I closed my eyes. "Please give me strength to get through this day," I put my hands together and let the breath out.

The daisy was still lying on the bed, all wrinkled and torn, and I nodded at it. "I'll be okay."

Slipping on my pair of black heels, I walked out of the room. I instantly stopped in my tracks when I looked around the living room. It was a good thing I didn't have mascara on, otherwise, it'd be running down my face.

"What did I do to deserve you guys," I whispered softly.

On the couch, lay Beckett, Gonzalez, and Jordan, all sound asleep leaned against each other in one corner. On the other corner, Chris was sitting with his head on the arm rest, snoring while Erica was curled up on his lap.

Becca was on the carpet sprawled out like a starfish, a bit of drool coming from the corner of her mouth.

"You got a good team behind your back."

I looked over at the kitchen and Bill was there, a spatula in his hand.

"Bill," I said, surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought that you'd need someone to make you breakfast," he answered, waving the spatula in his hand. "And I also had a feeling that they'd need some too when they wake up."

I checked the clock on the wall, "You're going to be late picking up Hunter for work."

Bill went to the stove and picked up the pan. Tipping it over a large plate of pancakes, another one stacked onto the enormous pile. "I quit yesterday."