Chapter 1

UNKNOWN - Your allure could make even the toughest of men melt.

 The message, from an unknown number, brought a smile to my face. Although random, it was sweet. It was apparent that someone had mistyped the number and sent it to me by accident. I felt sorry for the right recipient, because she was missing it out; so out of pity I replied to the message with:

ME - I am sorry but you have the wrong number ;)

My phone pinged the instant that the message got delivered.

UNKNOWN - There can be no mistake signorina, this beauty can emanate from none other than you.

 I decided that the guy was deluded. He was perhaps fishing for something from a wrong number; perhaps looking for some sort of crazy pass time. As soon as this thought entered my mind, I decided to ignore the mysterious person.

 I didn't receive any messages after that, not until I was at the coffee shop, later that evening, to start my shift. The message this morning had been out of my mind, and I just put on my apron, and started taking orders at the counter. There were a few regulars and a few people who randomly walked in for a coffee. About an hour into work, the customers coming in slowed down, and I was able to take a seat, right there, until the next customer came up. I heard my phone ping in my pocket.

UNKNOWN - Only you can bring grace to a CoffeeStop apron.

 My eyes widened at the sight of the message. This was no random person. He knew where I was at. I shoved my phone into my pocket, as a customer entered, and looked around to see if anyone was looking at me.

"One blueberry muffin please."

I focused back on my work, trying to push away my fear of the message, and replied,

"Have it here or take away?"

"Take away please."

I packed it up for the nice lady who gave it to the kid she was holding by the hand. The child would have been about five or six, and was missing two front teeth. She looked at me, and smiled wide,

"Thank you!"

I smiled back,

"You are very welcome."

UNKNOWN - Your smile can make the world turn around.

 I felt goosebumps on my arm. It was creepy being watched like this. I blocked the number and put my phone on airplane mode. I was officially way to creeped out. More customers started coming in, and I continued to work, putting these anonymous messages to the back of my mind .

"Dev!" my boss called out.

"Yes?"

"Your mom's on the phone for you, in the back."

I had completely forgotten that my phone was on airplane mode.

"Dev, where is your phone? I've been trying to call you."

Mom sounded worried.

"Sorry mom, I forgot to tell you that I was working an extra hour today. My shift is almost over. I'll be home soon."

"It's getting late dear. Shall I come pick you up."

"No worries mom. Em can drop me off."

"Okay dear. Call me if you need anything."

"Okay mom. Bye."

"Bye."

Em dropped me home, directly after work, on her way home.

UNKNOWN - Blocking someone doesn't suit a sweet face like yours.

That person was texting from a new number.