Chapter 8

I was appalled to see something so brutal. Why would anyone send me something like this. Was this some kind of cruel joke? If so, it wasn't the least bit funny. I couldn't even lodge a complain on this guy because I had no idea as to who this was; not even a clue. If the person is trying to scare me, it was working. I didn't want to complain on this guy and make it a serious issue. I had neither the time or the money to do so. I had no time to spare on these petty issues. It was probably just a mean prank.

I went on with my day, as usual. In the evening, I went to work at the coffee shop. Em's shift was also with mine today. I was glad. I liked it when our shifts were together. We exchanged a word or two when we pass each other, which made the shift more interesting. It wasn't as tedious when she was around.

I was wiping a table, when I saw the announcement of breaking news on the television set above my head. What I saw and heard made my head spin. I felt like I was going to collapse. I took a seat on the seat closest to me, and turned my attention towards the screen, staring at it harder, a small part of my mind hoping that what I saw wasn't true, but it was clear as day.

The news said that they had found a body floating on the lake. The body was missing a part of one hand, from the wrist. The cause of death, according to experts had been blunt force trauma. The man had been struck on the head, numerous times, with a sharp object. The hand had been removed, in an unprofessional manner, after death. The person who had been murdered was Marcus Grande. The news displayed a picture of the man. The moment I saw the man, my heart started thundering with the fear I felt.

It was the guy who had grabbed me in the party last night. It was him. I was shocked and terrified at the same time. It was only now that I understood what the text and the photo from yesterday meant. "Those who lay a hand on an angel don't deserve to have a hand." The person who had been stalking me for the past few days had committed this murder because of me; and in some twisted sense, he had done it for me.