Chapter 7

Yesterday turned out to be much more different than I had ever thought. It went from uneventful, to anxious, to scary to interesting. Jake and I seemed to have a lot of different things to talk about, and I seemed to be able to converse with him so casually. We exchanged numbers, and talked for a while, before it was time for us to part. It came to me as a surprise that I was able to make friends with someone and share my number so easily.

I had lectures today, and I was just making myself some coffee to start up my day. I suddenly heard my phone ping.

UNKNOWN - No one deserves to live after hurting a sweet angel like you.

This stalker had actually slipped from my mind since yesterday, since I had much more things on my mind. This message didn't make any sense to me, so I thought that there was no point pondering over it. I ignored it as usual and moved on with my routine for the day.

I was in the university around fifteen minutes before the lecture started. I met Tess outside of the hall,

"Hey Dev."

"Hey,"

"I saw you and Jake hit it off well last night." she was wiggling her eyebrows at me. I felt like a teenager being bugged about a crush. I felt that it was childish, but I think a red tinge covered the top of my cheeks.

"I guess I finally managed to make a new friend."

Tess grinned, "Yeah."

Grace came up from behind me.

"Did she tell you all the details of her secret love affair? How long had this been going on? How did Jake finally convince Devlyn to go to a party?" 

She threw her hands up dramatically and shook her head, "so many mysteries."

It was funny to see the two of them giggling like small children. I was humored by their silly reactions toward me socializing. I could imagine what was going through their mind because, me socializing was something that was really farfetched.

I entered class, and took a seat. I saw Jake coming into the class, and we made eye contact. This made me feel awkward, because I had the feeling that he just caught me staring at him. I looked down at my notes and stared at them, afraid to look up. If my eyes could shoot laser beams, the notes and the table would have been on fire because of the intensity of my staring.

"Hey Dev," I heard Jake's voice.

I looked up to see him standing in front of me.

"Hey.."

He rubbed the back of his neck with his palm and then looked at me, as if to ask something.

"Hey," he started.

"Hey, again."

He gave a boyish smile.

"The thing is, some of us are hanging out today. Going to the movies tonight. I was wondering if you would wanna come.."

He seemed really nervous asking me this.

"So you are already done with tomorrow's assignment then?"

"Oh shit!" his eyes lit up remembering the assignment. It was an important one, and we had to get a good grade. Mine was almost done. I just had some finishing touches.

"I think that means you aren't done."

His expression said everything.

"Dev, can we do this another day then?"

"Yeah, lets see."

"Thanks Dev."

I smiled at him. Just then the lecturer entered.

I was leaving class, having packed the stuff quickly, because I had to take an early shift because Rhea can't make it today. My phone pinged.

UNKNOWN - image

This was a surprise. I was wondering if the person was going to send me forwarded messages as well. I opened it and was shocked to see the picture of a hand. It wasn't just a hand; it was one that had been cut off from the wrist. I felt like puking. I was gory.

UNKNOWN - Those who lay a hand on an angel don't deserve to have a hand.