Chapter 17

I slept the previous night, my thoughts drifting to and from the previous night's events. I was shocked, scared and I don't really know how to express how bad these feelings are. I am not sure whether I made the right choice in dragging Dee into this, but I didn't know what to do. This stalker was backing me into a corner, and I felt like a goat being hunted in a pen. It wasn't like I had many places to run to. I just hope that I am not putting Dee into trouble.

 I went to uni, as usual in the morning. I don't know if it was cowardice, fear, or simply lethargy, that kept me from going for a jog this morning, because I was sure it wasn't the lack of time. I was just sitting there today, in front of my cereal, deep in thought, for a long period of time, until my cereal had become too soggy to eat. Going to uni felt like a breath of fresh air after all this.

 Jake was there in class, with a small dressing around his arm. I felt guilty, when I saw him; my mind was saying that this wouldn't have happened if it weren't for me, but then my mind itself counterattacked that thought, saying that I couldn't really avoid people because of my stalker. I shouldn't really blame myself because of that crazy psycho; he is the only one to blame.

 I went to Jake, to ask him how he was doing,

"Hey Jake,"

He turned around to look at me, a smile adorning his face. He looked so handsome, sporting that boyish smile. I was glad to see him in such countenance, because in my thoughts, and nightmares, he always seemed to hold an expression that seemed to stab me directly in the heart; it was as if the expression said, it was you who did this to me.

"Hey Dev, feels like so long since I saw you."

I forced my lips to stretch into an expression of amusement, but it might have looked like I was constipating.

"Yeah. How are you feeling now?"

"I am great, but the thing is my mom doesn't seem to think that I am ready to drive yet. I am currently banned from the steering wheel, it's a bummer."

"You are one extraordinary character Jake."

"Thank you."

I shook my head,

"That was not meant as a compliment. Don't you have any idea of taking a rest?"

He laughed the former part of my speech, and then gave a flabbergasted expression at the mention of rest,

"I have had enough rest for a lifetime. I think I should stay away from it for awhile."

 I couldn't help but laugh. Jake was a good change in my life, and I really didn't want to let him go, but I don't know if my situation would allow my decisions. I don't really think the stalker really cares about what I want.