Chapter Two

Matt's P.O.V.

My alarm sounds throughout my entire room, waking me from the dream I was in the middle of. I roll off my bed, and land in armadillo form as I hit the floor. I really don't want to go to school.

But telling by the obnoxious noise sounding from my digital clock that reads 7:20, I don't exactly have a choice.

Nobody's usually home to wake me up, so I get up myself. Mom's usually at the pub getting drunk with guys she doesn't even know whenever Dad's on business trips, which is almost all the damned time. It's a beautiful story, really.

I get up from the floor to turn off my alarm, then head to school. After I've accomplished doing so, I put on a comfortable pair of sweatpants and a plain white t-shirt, leaving my blonde hair disheveled, and hastily throw on beige beanie, not even bothering to look presentable at all.

Why would I? I hate everyone there anyway. Who's there to impress? I'll tell you who: Abso-fucking-lutely nobody.

I make sure to lock the door behind me on my way out, even though nobody's going to bother coming in anyway. The house security is always on and there's no way anyone's getting through those gates in the front. So, I see no point in locking a door that nobody's even going to get past.

I drag myself into my brand new, shiny red truck and put in the keys. I have to do this a few times, since the engine hasn't been working correctly. I've been meaning to get that checked, but I haven't had time. It's pretty damned awesome, really.

Once my engine finally starts roaring, I steer myself to school, or hell on Earth, whichever you prefer. Either way I'm suffering in the damned building.

I reach the large brick building and drive inside the parking lot, as I struggle to find a parking spot since I'm incredulously late. I hate school, but I hate being late for my classes even more. It'll hurt my reputation of perfect attendance.

I may not care what I look like, but I sure as hell care about my education. Yeah, I know, not something you'd usually hear come out of a teenage boy's mouth. Especially when his parents don't give a shit about what kind of grades he gets.

I forcefully haul my exhausted body into the school, and make my way to my locker, which, my luck, is all the way at the end of the hallway.

The girls I pass will smile sheepishly and wave at me, and the guys usually give a small nod of the head. I return both with flashy side smirk.

Everyone knows me as the hot good boy with the perfect grades, perfect house, perfect parents, and perfect relationship. How did it get around? I'm not sure. But they're sadly mistaken.

I hear a loud bang when I'm halfway to my locker, causing me to search the wide hallway curiously. What happened? My questions are answered when I see Taylore standing in an innocent girl's way, which I'm guessing is for her own entertainment.

When I step closer, the devilish smirk on her face inquires me that I am indeed correct. The girl she's harrassing has fear written all over her face while she looks down at the floor, not daring to look Taylore into the eye. When she does, it only amuses Taylore more.

I tread, now behind the girl, looking Taylore straight in the eyes. "Taylore, leave her alone." I order.

This girl obviously doesn't deserve what's happening to her. From behind her, I can tell she's clutching onto her books for dear life. Taylore's scary like that sometimes. When she glares at people, she could probably turn them to stone if she wanted.

The smirk that was once on her face is replaced by a smile almost as fake as mine a couple minutes ago. "Hey, Sweetums! I was just asking her where she got her sneakers. They're so fetch!"

I roll my eyes at her, and I perceive that the girl is now walking away to her locker, now that she finally has a chance for escape. I don't blame her. Taylore's a complete and utter bitch, but I was still disappointed.

I turn away from the recent occurance, only to have my arm lightly grabbed by Taylore's ice cold hands. I let out a quiet groan of annoyance, but apparently not quiet enough because she lets go instantly. "Did I do something, Matty?"

I look into her glassy forest green eyes, letting me know that she's on the verge of crying. My eyes widen, knowing I hate seeing girls cry. When I make a girl cry, I feel like the biggest asshole in the entire world. "No." I lie.

Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.

"Good." She smiles like nothing ever happened. I hold back the urge to roll my eyes at her again as she leans in to kiss my cheek. I feel nothing, but maybe that's because you're not supposed to.

Taylore and I have been dating on and off for about two years now. People say we look good together, so we listened, and now we're trying to make things work. We thought we'd be the perfect inseparable coulple. The one that everyone would look at and think 'Damn, they're still together?', 'I want something like that.', or 'I want a relationship like them.'

"I'll see you after gym class." She smiles.

I nod, not even looking at her. I just watch the unfamiliar brunette close her locker and start down the hallway to her first bell. I didn't even get her name. I should have ran after her and asked for it. Now, we'll probably never speak again. Why would she want to?

I'm met with a cranky, angry Mrs. Butts. My nose crickles from being so close to her, she smells like... well, ass. Coincidence? I think not. "Parker, get to your class." She spits.

I nod again, and turn to trudge away as quickly as possible, hoping I'm not too late for my next class.

___________________________

༝ OLAAY. Chapter two is up! Holla!!

༝ I sincerely hope you enjoyed!

༝ Stay tuned for chapter 3! ♥️

Xx hoodratmuke