Chapter Seven

Maye's P.O.V.

I tread to my locker, careful not to make eye contact with anyone around me. If I do, they might come over here. And if today's planning to be as horrible as I think it is, that person will be Taylore.

When I close my locker, I turn quickly and start walking toward my first bell. As I look up, I meet the same warm eyes I saw in the nurse's office. He smiles lightly at me before saying a confident "Hey."

I stare at him, then check around the hallway for the cameras. Why is the most popular guy in school talking to me without someone forcing him to? Is this some kind of sick joke? Did Taylore send him here to test me?

I'm always watching.

I squint my eyes at him, sure to keep my guard up. "Hi."

He chuckles that same chuckle. I'd like that sound if I wasn't going to get killed by Taylore right now. "Where are you going this morning?"

"Class." I say, my reply laced with sarcasm.

He rolls his eyes. "Right. Which class?"

I look down at my shoes and mumble. "Math."

"Ah, Algebra?" He questions.

I nod.

He raises a brow. "That's my first class too. How come I've never seen you in there?"

Maybe because you've never noticed me, until now for some weird reason is what I want to say. Instead, I shrug. "I've never really been one to stand out."

He nods understandingly, but he really doesn't know what it feels like to never be noticed. He doesn't know what it's like to feel ignored, like a waste of space and time. He's noticed everywhere he goes. Hell, like I said before, he's the most popular guy in school.

"I'll walk you." It seemed like an offer, but it was more of a statement, as if he was telling me that he was taking me to my first class. What is he, the fucking Welcoming Committee? Well, he's far too late, because I'm not new to this school at all. I decide not to argue and let him walk with me, before saying a silent prayer, hoping that Taylore doesn't see this.

"So, are you any good at math?" He tries to keep the conversation going for a while, but -Although, I have sharp social skills(not)- this talk may not last very long.

I shake my head. "Not really."

He nods again, but doesn't say anything more. So, I try to keep it going. "Are you?"

He shrugs, smiling. "Yeah, I'm pretty good, actually."

I nod again, not knowing what to say. I've never really been that great with human interaction, besides Allison. I usually stick to pizza and Netflix.

He opens his mouth to say something, but he's cut off when we reach our desitination. I look back down at my shoes and mumble a "Thanks" and make my way to my seat in the back of the room, not looking back at the boy that walked me to the current classroom.

He's cocky, and never cares about anyone except himself. Does he think just because he walked to me to my first class-which, may I add, he didn't even know I was taking-that we're suddenly best friends? I think not. Why does it matter anyway? His friends list is probably full anyway. I'd just be another add-on.

࿓࿓

The bell rings and I'm the last one out since I stayed behind to take some extra notes. Math has never been my most advantageous subject, so I have to try extra hard to maintain my current B minus.

After I pack up, I sashay through the door and to my next class, History. I've always had a firey passion toward History. I just like getting to know other people, their goals in life, and whether if they succeeded their expectations.

Sometimes it's nice to learn little fun facts. For example, the yo-yo was origionally used as a weapon for hunting in the Philippines. In fact, the yo-yo is known to be the second oldest toy ever. The first is the doll, obviously.

When I was younger, I never really used dolls. I was more into puzzels and things that were time consuming and required a lot of will power.

I entered History class. Of course I was the first one in. I try to be at least five minutes early, so I can get out my notebook and take notes. The difference between math notes and history notes is 1. I can understand my history notes, 2. I like taking history notes, and 3. History notes are way more fun to study.

When the classroom starts to fill in, I open my plain green notebook, mechanical pencil in hand. I don't know why, but I've always adored mechanical pencils much more than the other ones.

Matthew walks in the classroom, and I'm not surprised. I knew he was in this class too. We have three classes together, but only one of us seemed to notice(although, I can't exactly force blame on him). His seat is a couple seats diagonally behind mine in this class.

I had my nose in my notebook the whole entire class, writing down whatever I thought seemed interesting. Today, we were talking about greek gods. I knew a lot about greek mythology, but I took notes anyway for the fun of it.

As soon as our teacher, Mr. Rogers, proposed the idea to work in groups for an upcoming project, my stomach turned. I didn't have any friends in this class. Someone was probably going to have to get stuck with me.

"Wanna be partners?" A much too familiar voice spoke. I looked up and it was, of course, Matthew Parker. I turned my head to look behind me. Was he talking to me?

"Yes, I'm talking to you." He says as if he read my mind.

I say "Sure" before I can think about it. Shit. What did I just do?

"Great."

He plops down in the seat next to mine, and I watch his electric green eyes trail over my notebook. "You take a lot of notes, huh?"

I nod again. I hate my social skills. Oh, wait. I don't have any.

Mr. Rogers tells the class to pick a greek god and do some research. Easy enough.

"So, which greek god do you want to research?" He asks.

I deliberate which greek god we'd both like. "How about Ares? God of war?"

"Sound great."

I nod and the bell goes off. I get up to leave.

"Your place after school?"

"Sure." I say without thinking. Shit. I did it again.

He smiles. What was I thinking about five seconds ago? I don't know. Do you know? 'Cause I don't. "See you later, Maye."

When he leaves, I give myself a hard mental facepalm. I'm not supposed to be partners with him. Hell, I'm not even supposed to breathe the same air as him, unless I want to be Taylore's next target.

What am I getting myself into?

___________________________

༝ OLAAAY! I hope you enjoyed reading, folks!

༝ The cast¿ The cast. Let's read the cast down below! (I'm only doing the 4 main characters.)

༼Matthew Parker: Cody Linley
Maye Norris: Victoria Justice
Allison Waters: Brittany Snow
Taylore Green: Hayden Panettiere ༽

༝ If you aren't digging my suggestions, then choose your own cast & be creative! The characters I've chosen may or may not look exactly like the character in the book. Sorry about that!

Ily guys!

Xx hoodratmuke