Day ten - Prom night

04.10.2030

~Edward POV~

I opened the door to my room and started my laptop. The keyboard was installed on my desk so it looked like I was tapping nervously on the wooden board. Time to find out more about that 'Scar', so I opened a browser and surfed the net for information about his past, since the files given to me by Fuhrer Bradley didn't reveal very much about him.
I clicked on an old newspaper article and read roughly through it.

Two doctors killed by own patient.

...the military arrived to late...
...Amestrian doctors killed by their own patient...
...The married couple called Rockbell...

Oh, how I hoped I was wrong and how reality hit me every time harder than a rock on my forehead. "So that's what happened...", I mumbled silently to myself after I've finished glancing through the article, still staring at the display of my laptop. After a while I forced myself to close the browser but not without deleting my browser-history in advance. I shouldn't make tracking me down easy, though I wouldn't give a damn since the military bared for me more or less. Nonetheless, I had to make sure that Winry was save and sound, so I couldn't let anyone know that there was a connection between the two of us. Around her I couldn't be the fullmetal alchemist, working for the military. I had to be Edward Elric, full time highschool student and chemistry freak. I let out an amused sigh and stood up from my chair.

"Whatever... Time to get ready...", I said to no one in particular -since nobody was in the house- and went into the bathroom.

-

I heard a door slam and footsteps coming up the stairs.
-"And did you find out, what you wanted to know?", I frowned and looked at his reflection in the mirror without turning around.

"Ah, actually... I gotta tell you after you come home, seriously, I have big news.", Al said casual.

-"Is that so?" I rose an eyebrow and then sighed. Smiling I turned around and faced him. -"Good to have you back though, brother."

He chuckled.
"Good to be back. Are you nervous?", Al asked while I checked myself one last time in the mirror.

-"Hah. Al, you should know me better than this." I gave him a sheepish smile.
He stood in the doorframe, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"So you are.", he stated.

I sighed. -"Damn right I am. I think I'm losing it, Al. I'm going crazy." I ruffled through my hair.

-"Brother, you fought against potential killers before..."

"Yes, and I would do it anytime rather than going to prom with Winry."

-"Oh, c'mon don't be so afraid. I'll be there, don't worry. Remember? May and I are coming too."
Ah yeah, he mentioned that. I rose an eyebrow and looked at him.

"So you and this May huh?"

-"Yes, sure.", he simply answered. I was a little taken aback by his honesty.

"Why are you so rational about this?", I asked him astonished.

-"Oh please, Ed, I just know what I have and I'll admit it. I won't give you a chance to tease me."

I pouted and huffed, he just laughed and walked off.

"Ok Al, see you later. I'll go get Winry."

-"Bye Loverboy!", he screamed from the living room. I jumped at his last word and gritted my teeth. 'Little bastard.', I thought to myself after closing the door.

-

"Hello. I'm here to get Winry. Is she ready yet?", I asked with a polite smile. Her granny was smaller than me. Hehehe.

-"Weren't you the boy who brought her home after the party?"

"Jup.", I stated.

-"Let me think about this..."

I stared at her confused and then she suddenly said:

-"Nope, go home you shrimp."

I stood there shocked, than I got a hold of myself again and realized what she said.

"WHAAAAT?! WHAT DID YOU CALL ME YOU SMALL POTATOE?! YOU ARE NO BIGGER THAN ME!"

-"WELL YOU ARE DEFENITELY NO GOOD INFLUENCE ON WINRY, NO MATTER IF YOU COME FUNSIZED OR NOT SO MAKE YOUR WAY HOME... OR TO THE DANCE, I DON'T CARE, BUT YOU ARE NOT HANGING AROUND WITH WINRY!"

"BUT I DIDN'T EVEN GET HER DRUNK, YOU OLD HAG! I SAVED HER FROM DYING IN A FUCKING BUSH, BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT HER!" Oh damn. Maybe I said a little to much.

-"Wait. You do?"

"Yes! That's what I'm trying to tell you!", I mumbled in my hand embarrassed, hiding the slightly red touch of my cheeks.

-"Well, in that case." She stepped aside to let me in, then turned around to face Winry. -"He passed the test, my dear, go have fun."

"Test...?", I murmured in disbelief.

-"Thanks Granny.", Winry laughed and stepped out from the shadows. 'Astonishing.' Was all I could think of. She looked just... I rubbed my eyes. What? Is the air glittering around her? Eyes wide open I stared at her. Her hair in curls reached to her waist, dressed in a light pink, short sleeved dress that ended at her knees. Her granny slammed her elbow in my side.

"AH! THAT HURT, YOU KNOW?", I grumbled.

Pinako just shrugged her shoulders, coughed and walked in the other room. Winry stepped closer and I had to pull myself together to not step back like the afraid little piece of shit I am.

"You look... Amazing." 'Yes! No stutter! One point for Edward!'

She laughed with pride and just said:

-"Yeah, I know Ed thanks! I set all day long at my hair and make-up. You too, you know. The suit suits you ", she joked with a wink. "Shall we go now?", she asked.

"Thanks. And yes, I would be pleased. Let's go." I gave her the brightest smile I could offer and hoped it was enough.

I couldn't stop grinning. Oh my god, I knew I would go crazy tonight. I lost it already and we were not even at the party yet!