{Chapter 27} 4 : 14

Rose's POV

Mr. Shue begins to speak. "Ha, ha, ha! Miss Pillsbury and I are finally getting married. Which makes me the happiest, luckiest man alive. Now, Emma has been handling all the prep, so to help out, I thought I'd take charge of the entertainment of the reception. And though this goes against tradition, it would mean the world to me and to Emma if, instead of giving your best man's speech, Finn, you sing for us. What'd you think?"

I smile. "Uh, uh, yeah, of course." Finn responds. "Perfect. For everyone else who isn't our with Asian bird flu," I look over at Tina, as do Jake and Marley. "It wasn't me." She whispers and I laugh. "it's a Valentine's Day wedding, which means we need some great romantic love songs at the reception." Of course Tina opens her mouth. "Wait. You want us to be your wedding singers? That is so,"

"Awesome." I interrupt. "We'd be honored." "Great. I have some great ideas.

||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||

I am currently getting ready for Mr. Shue and Miss Pillsbury's wedding. Hunter is coming over in about 15 minutes to pick me up so we can go together. "Mija! You look beautiful!" My mom comes rushing over to me and gives me a hug. "Mom, it's not like I'm the one getting married. Why are you acting like this?" I ask laughing. "Because one day you will be getting married and I'm preparing myself." She uses an excuse.

"Okay, mom, whatever you say. I need to finish getting ready." She walks out of the room and a little while later, there is a knock on the door downstairs. "Mija, Hunter's here." She calls up to me. I grab my clutch and a pea coat before slipping it on and running downstairs.

"Okay, mom, I'll call you later." I kiss her cheek and walk over to Hunter. "Hey." I greet giving him a quick hug. "Hey. You ready?" He smiles. "Yeah. Let's go." I close the door behind me.

||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||

Hunter and I are currently seated next to Blaine and Tina. Becky is throwing rose petals at everyone and she turns and throws about ten at my body. They land all over my dress and I brush them off quickly. Organ music starts and we all turn around to look at Miss Pillsbury, only it's not her.

It's Sue.

The organ stops. "Oh, yeah. Nice to see you all." She clicks her tongue at some guy. "Hey, what do you think? Nice, huh? Thank you for coming. Oh, look, it's all the Glee kids." Sue walks up to Mr. Shue. They talk quietly for a second and wedding bells sound.

A few minutes go by and most people have gone out to the vestibule of the church while Finn and Mr. Shue stay behind. Santana goes to talk to Mr. Shue about still having the reception because Miss Pillsbury's parents paid for the whole thing. "This is awful." I say quietly to Hunter. "I know. I feel so bad for Mr. Shue." He replies.

"I mean, it's awful enough when the engaged couples break it off weeks before the wedding, but at the alter. That's a whole new level of awful." I close my eyes and sigh. "Hey! It's still on!" Santana yells to everyone and I shake my head. "This isn't right." I whisper to myself.

||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||

We're in the party and Sue has thrown the bouquet and Rachel caught it. I'm talking with Santana and Quinn right now about God knows what. Arms snake around my waist and someone hugs me from behind. "Come with me." Hunter whispers in my ear then kisses my cheek. I smile and excuse myself from the conversation. We walk over to a corner near the entrance and he pulls something out of his pocket.

It's a small box. I gasp. "Don't worry, I'm not proposing. Not yet anyway." I blush. "This is my grandmother's engagement ring. I was talking to her about you and she said she wanted you to have it." He opens the box and reveals a beautiful ring. "Oh my- I can't take this. I have no right-" He cuts me off by kissing me. "She said she wanted you to have it, so take it." He takes the ring and puts it on my left ring finger. I hug him. "Now, come on. We have a song to sing." I pull him over to the stage. We get on it and grab microphones while the band starts to play 'Marry You' by Bruno Mars.

[Rose and Hunter]

It's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do

Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you
Is it the look in your eyes, or is it this dancing juice
Who cares baby, I think I wanna marry you

[Hunter]

Well I know this little chapel on the boulevard
We can go
No one will know
Oh c'mon girl
Who cares if we're trashed
Got a pocket full of cash we can blow
Shots of Patron
And it's on girl

[Rose and Hunter]

Don't say no no no no no
Just say yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
And we'll go go go go go
If you're ready, like I'm ready
'Cause it's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do
Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you
Is it the look in your eyes or is it this dancing juice
Who cares baby, I think I wanna marry you

[Rose]

Oh
You go get a ring
Let the choir bell sing like ooh
So what you wanna do
Lets just run boy
If we wake up and you want to break up
That's cool
No I won't blame you
It was fun boy

[Rose and Hunter]

Don't say no no no no no
Just say yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
And we'll go go go go go
If you're ready, like I'm ready
'Cause it's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do
Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you
Is it the look in your eyes, or is it this dancing juice
Who cares baby, I think I wanna marry you
Just say I do
Tell me right now baby
Tell me right now baby, baby
Just say I do
Tell me right now baby
Tell me right now baby, baby
Oh
It's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do
Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you
Is it the look in your eyes, or is it this dancing juice
Who cares baby, I think I wanna marry you

We finish right in front of each other. Hunter leans down and kisses me. The crowd awes and claps.

How did I get so lucky?