10

Porter honestly didn't think Gil would stil  hangout with him, judging by how worried he was about Carmalita.

But here they were, sitting at the Enchanted lake together in their swim trunks.

Gil had explained that Carmalita had insisted he go because she didn't want to hurt his feelings.

That just made Porter feel even more guilty.

He pushed that thought aside and tried to focus on the plan.

-

Gil had literally called to check on Carmalita five times in the last twenty minutes.... only to get yelled at by Evie because he kept waking Carmalita up.

Maybe he was being a little too worrisome about the situation.

He turned to Porter when they hung up. "I think I'll wait before I call her back,"

They both laughed.
-----

After a while of talking, him and Gil got into the water.

"You can swim? I thought the Isle was blocked off from water,"

Gil shook his head as he waded in. "Not entirely, there's some 'Beaches' here and there," He shrugged.

Porter didn't want to know what he meant by 'Beaches' so he didn't question it any further.

Soon enough, both boys were lazily floating in the water.

Porter had to use all of his strength to not stare at Gil's chest whenever he'd float on his back.

Seriously, even straight guy's would stare. The guy was built.

Gil tried not to notice the way Porter would continuously 'Sneak' glances at his chest.

The guy was cute and everything, but not his type.

He cleared his throat, pushing his hair out of his face.

He needed to break the awkward silence.

"So.... you play any sports?,"

Porter shook his head. "Not really. I'm more of a bookworm than an athlete," He joked.

Gil chuckled. "Figures, considering your in book club and everything,"

Porter shrugged, smiling. "I like to read,"

-----

They talked for a long while, and their fingers were all wrinkled by the time they got out of the water.

Now, they were sitting on the platform, their feet still in the water.

Porter glanced at Gil as they sat in a comfortable silence.

He contemplated wether he should do the next part of the plan.

His eyes dropped to Gil's lips, watching the sun reflect off his face.

Porter bit his lip.

They were sitting close enough, maybe he could just.... 

Gil turned to him, and that's when he did it.

Porter kissed him.

Word Count- 403.

Did you squeal?😂

The gif is pretty much what it looked like in my head, lol.

(My chapter's are getting shorter and shorter😂, but the next one should be a lot longer😊)