I.E.D.

"So the Walcott's were the first. At least the firsts that we know about. Four murders Sean, his brother, and their parents." Stiles stated as he handed me their photos to tape to his board. "They were killed by a professional assassin, The Mute. Weapon of choice, a military tomahawk." He added.

"But then The Mute was killed by Peter, after he threw said tomahawk into his chest, and tried to blow up Derek with a clay more mine." I said as I taped a police sketch of The Mute onto the board. Stiles came up behind me and pulled long strips of red tape out, connecting each of the Walcott's photo's to The Mute.

"Next was Demarco who delivered a keg to Lydia's lake house, but then was decapitated soon after." Stiles explained as I taped the photo of Demarco's decapitated body to the board. He then handed me a page from a news article about the Walcott's that I taped to the board as he taped two other articles next to then. "And we have this..." Stiles said as he taped the dead pool list to the board. "But, it's just a third of the list." He finished.

"Okay so, a third of the list... and each of those numbers beside the names? I'm assuming that would be a quantity of money?" I asked him. 

"Yeah, that's my best guess." Stiles told me. I took the marker and jotted down all the numbers.

"So let's assume the larger numbers..." I circled the 250s and the 500. "Are thousand, and the smaller numbers are million. Right?" I added up the total. "That's $68 million dollars, just on this list. This is a third of the list?" I asked Stiles again.

"Yeah, and?" Stiles asked. 

"Well, there are some high numbers on this I mean let's take Scott... twenty five million dollars for Scott..." I continued.

"Yeah well he's an alpha." Stiles stated.

"Exactly! But not only is he an alpha, he's a true alpha." I told him. Stiles looked at me like he had no idea where I was going with this. "Alright so the other two parts of the list probably won't have anyone as..." I thought a moment. "Expensive?" I shrugged, it wasn't the word I wanted to use but didn't know what else to say.

"Yeah probably not. So what are you getting at Milly." Stiles agreed. 

"Well 68 million times three would come up to..." I thought for a moment. "two hundred... and four million. But if the other two lists add up to less money, which is completely rational, then what if the total of the dead pool is $117 million...?" I said. Stiles nodded and picked up his red marker.

"The Hale fortune." He spoke as he jotted it down with a question mark. He added parentheses around it then walked over to his computer and started printing. He handed me a profile picture of Peter as he held one of Derek. 

"Really Sti? A mugshot...?" I asked with a slight smile. 

"You're the one dating a criminal..." He muttered. I let out a light laugh and taped it to the top of the board next to Derek's photo. I took a step back and looked at the board.

"So, who stole the money?" I asked aloud.

"The Benefactor." Stiles said as he drew a silhouette in white with a question mark and title. We both sat down on Stiles' bed and thought. 

"Well, we need more clues unfortunately." I said. 

"Which means more bodies..." Stiles said grimly. It was silent for awhile as the realisation sunk in.

"Lydia getting anywhere with the rest of the list?" I asked.

"Nah, but she's trying." Stiles told me.