Chapter 16

My alarm clock went off so I stretched my arm over to turn it off, instead I just knocked it on the floor. Eh, whatever. I rubbed my eyes then sat up with a lousy sigh. I'm too tired to do anything today. I got up then walked to Alizza's bedroom. I knocked on her door.

"Alizza wake up," I said. "You need to get baby." No response, that's weird. "Alizza can you hear me? Baby wake up." 

I opened her bedroom door, then I walked closer to her bed. Why won't she wake up? 

"Lizza? Come on and get up. Alizza?" I pulled her covers back and she wasn't there. "Oh my God!" I screamed. I turned around and bumped into Eric. I screamed again. He did he get in here?

"Miss me baby?" He asked evily. 

"Where's my daughter you sick fuck?" I screamed.

"Baby, you know the boys in the hood are always hard." He covered my mouth with his hand then stabbed me with a knife.

"Ah!' I screamed. "Shit!" I sat up in bed.

Oh thank God it was only a dream it seemed so damn real. As I was trying to catch my breath I looked over at my alarm clock. The radio was playing Boyz N Tha Hood. I immediately turned it off. 

"It's okay Angela," I said to myself. "It was a stupid dream."

Finally I got out of bed and went straight to Alizza's bedroom. I cracked open the door and saw her sound asleep.

"Hey baby girl," I lightly shook her. "Time to get up. Come on I'll make pancakes."

"Okay," she whispered while rubbing one eye.

"Go in the bathroom and do what you need to do then get your clothes on."

"Okay momma." She climbed out of bed then walked into the bathroom.

I went back into my room then got out my waitress uniform and laid it out on my bed. I went into the bathroom with Alizza and helped her get ready for school. Afterwards I helped her get dressed then I got myself dressed. We went downstairs and I made her pancakes like I said I would. She sat on the couch in the living room watching cartoons.

When the pancakes were done I watched her eat while I drank a glass of orange juice, that's my breakfast right there. A glass of orange juice.

"Are you ready for school?" I asked.

"No," she simply replied.

"Why?"

"Because there is no school today."

"Yes there is, it's a Wednesday."

"Nah uh. Today is teacher work day. I told you about it last week momma."

"Oh really?" I walked over to the calendar hanging on the wall. Sure enough it was marked on today's date it was teach work day. "Oh, I guess it is." I sighed this is not good.

"Does this mean I get to go to grandma's house?"

"No, grandma has work too."

"I wanna have work too."

"Trust me Lizza, you're gonna wanna stay the way you are now one of these days."

I'm not sure what to do, there's nobody to watch her today and I have to work or I'll lose more money. I can't afford it especially with the bills coming in yesterday. I have no choice but to bring her with me, I'm gonna get in trouble if my boss, Mr. Lincoln, sees her.

After she got done eating I picked her up and buckled her up in the car. I drove to the restaurant as fast as I could so I can get there before my boss. I parked my car then rushed to get her out and inside. Alizza would have to hang out in the break room for a few hours. She might be bored a little, but there's a TV in there. I hope she can sit and wait for a few hours or I am dead meat.