Six - Welcome Home

Violetta was missing Angie. They had been home from France for a month now and the house just wasn't the same without Angie. She wished she was there to help her with school and the Studio. Her new tutor was good, but it just didn't compare to your aunt, who was your built in tutor. Nothing would ever match family. That was a very true statement, Violetta thought, as she felt the crevices of her diary. It was at times like this that she asked for a sign from her mother. She asked her what to do next.

Her father sat beside her, "What's wrong, Violetta?"

She couldn't explain. He wouldn't understand. He had never wanted to talk about Maria, her mother's, death. It was always too painful. She wished, sometimes, that he would at least listen. You didn't always need to speak.

The door bell rang.

Go away! I'm trying to have a moment with my daughter!

Call us later! I just want to be sad.... alone.

Violetta and German sat quietly, in secret suspicion of who was behind that door, arms wrapped around each other. It couldn't be Olga, she was cooking. Was it Ramallo? He had left to check on some things... He didn't say what, which was unlike him. Maybe it was a surprise. But for what? German's birthday had gone and so had Violetta's... It wasn't Priscila's birthday. German didn't know when that was. He knew about her daughter but he didn't know his... what would he call Priscila? She wasn't his girlfriend. They weren't 'official' but they had something... Had she come to visit them? That was immediately ruled out. He hadn't told her where he lived. He probably would, soon. She could come for dinner. Hopefully it would be often...

No one had answered the door. Olga must be very into her cooking. A gorgeous smell wafted through the living room. Very much. He didn't know where Ramallo was so he couldn't answer the door. Should he answer it himself? Violetta looked so sad and he couldn't bear to leave her...  Maybe the person on the other side of the door would cheer her up.

German kissed Violetta on the forehead and told her that he was going to answer the door. She nodded, telling him to be quick. He smiled. He wouldn't let his daughter down.

His footsteps echoed throughout the hall, their acoustics somehow lightening the room. The key jangled in the lock. In what seemed like slow motion, the door opened.

Violetta's dave lit up like a Christmas tree, "Angie!" She ran up to her aunt.

"Vilu!" Angie called happily. They wrapped their arms around each other in the biggest hug German had ever seen. He looked on joyfully.

Welcome home, Angie.