Ch.13 Obstacles

It was morning and as always Chase was the first one up. He thought with no one around he would go to Skye's room. But he was mistaken. As soon as he was about to knock on her bedroom door Marshall spotted him.

Marshall: "What are you doing here?"

The German Shepherd's ears turned bright red and he didn't know what else to say but the truth.

Chase: "I just want to see if Skye's okay."

Marshall: "Why? That's not part of our deal."

Chase: "Yeah, but-."

Marshall: "If you want to talk to Skye then you need to make it clear to me that you're not trying to mess up the plan. Got it?"

Pondering over Marshall's request, Chase decided what had to be done.

Chase: "I'm going to my room to think of a way how, I'll be right back."

The Dalmation remained seated in front of Skye's door. Once Chase left he tried knocking on her door but she didn't answer no matter what he said.

After multiple attempts Marshall gave in and waited for Chase to return. Finally his friend came back.

Chase: "I know what I need to do. Let me talk to her."

With an annoyed look the Dalmation moves away from the door.

Marshall: "Good luck. She isn't answeri-."

Chase: "Hey Skye. It's me. Can I come in, please?"

Skye: "Chase?" She said while she swung her door open. "Oh, um...sure."

He gives Marshall a confident look to signal that he has this under control and its nothing he has to worry about. Marshall rolls his eyes but complies.

Chase: "Have you been crying?"

Skye: "Maybe..."

A slight pause occurs between them.

Chase: "Listen Skye, I came here to tell you that I'm sorry for putting you through this."

The Cockapoo had her back turn to him. She couldn't face him yet.

Chase: "You can hate me if you want. I didn't mean to lead you on or anything like that."

She releases a huge sigh.

Skye: "I don't hate you. Everest on the other hand should stay far away from me." She remarked.

A soft smile crept up on Chase's face. He couldn't help it. Even though he couldn't see Skye's face, he remembered what she looked like when she was irritated.

Skye: "I was hoping we could talk privately somewhere else. As friends of course."

Chase: "I don't think that's a good idea." He said looking around, trying to see if Marshall was listening.

Skye: "Please." She forced her body to turn to him. "Just one last time before I have to let you go."

He scanned her face but that smile he loved so much was no longer there.

Chase: "We can't."

Tears of frustration started pouring out of her.

Skye: "You love her that much?! You already want nothing to do with me?" She cried.

The German Shepherd struggled to keep his composure.

Chase: "No, you're wrong but...it's complicated."

Skye: "It's Marshall right? He's making you do this right?"

Chase: "Skye...this is my choice okay? I chose this."

Skye: "No, you wouldn't and don't blame yourself either. You couldn't stop Everest from falling in love with you and you couldn't stop the fact that Marshall was the one that saved your life. And you can't stop him from liking me."

Chase: "Yeah but Marshall-."

Skye: "You don't have to defend him. You know it may as well be all his fault. I just wish he would just get lost somewhere and never come back."

Chase: "Come on Skye you don't really mean that, right?"

Skye: "No, I think I do. I don't like him and I never will. If it hasn't been clear enough, I want you not him."

Chase: "Skye-."

Skye: "I wish he was out of the picture."

Chase: "Okay, that's enough! No one talks to my best friend like that! Skye, you wouldn't even know me if it wasn't for Marshall. And...and whatever we had is over. I changed my mind okay? You should to."

Before Skye could get another word in Chase tossed something on her bed. He left by closing her door behind him.

She then realized it was a folded up note.

'Dear Skye

I didn't mean anything hurtful I might have said. You probably figured out why I didn't say it out loud to you and ended up writing this by now. Anyways I would like to make a compromise, to at least get Marshall off my back in secret. Let's meet in my room at night when everyone else is asleep. But if not, I get it.

Love,
Chase.'

Skye's POV:

Does this mean that I could still have a chance with Chase?

She put the note to the side and knew nightfall would feel like it would take forever to arrive.

End of Skye's POV

Marshall: "Nice work in there."

The German Shepherd was walking back to his room when he confronted him.

Chase: "Yeah thanks, I had a feeling you were listening."

Marshall: "Now, that that's over with we should tell the whole PAW patrol next."

Stopping dead in his tracks, Chase's eyes grew big in fear.

Chase: "You're joking right? Why would I tell them I'm in a fake relationship?"

Marshall: "Because I told you to."

Chase: "Skye already gets that I'm off limits. I don't see how annoucing that I'm allegedly with Everest will magically make her want to be with you."

Marshall: "Obviously, she'll be so heartbroken that she'll love the only person that likes her. Me!"

Chase: "I doubt it."

Marshall: "Well, we will have to see won't we? Now go get Everest and meet me in the front of the Lookout."

Reluctantly, Chase got into his cruiser and starting to look around town for Everest. Eventually, he found her, well actually, it's more like she found him. As he was passing by Jake's Mountain trying to clear his head, he saw a fast approaching purple blur coming towards him.

Everest: "Hey! You're back!"

Chase: "Um yeah, hi."

Everest: "Aren't you going to say that you missed me?"

Chase: "I can't say I have."

She frowns, annoyance was written all over her face.

Everest: "You know you can pretend better."

Chase: "Anyways, hop in. Marshall wants the rest of the PAW Patrol to know about us."

Everest: "No way! That's amazing news!"

They both got into Chase's police cruiser and headed to the Lookout. Unfortunately for Chase, Everest was snuggling with him throughout the entire car ride.

A/N: Hello people! I hoped you liked this sort of long chapter and also the next chapter is the same day as this one. Until next time! Byeeee!