Chapter Twelve

*Yuri's POV*

Tila tumigil ang oras at halos frozen na sila ni Kai sa kinatatayuan nila, magkalapat ang kanilang mga labi.

Ng makabalik na siya sa kanyang pag-iisip ay naitulak niyang palayo si Kai. 

What have I done? Napakabilis ng tibok ng puso nya. 

"Obviously you didn't mean that kiss." Tao snorted as he brushes his hair back.

"Jealous?" Kai looked at Tao with the most annoying grin. Tao's fists closed but before the two could hurt each other again, she grabbed Kai's hands and left. 

Walang tingin-tingin niyang hinahatak si Kai. She doesn't know where to go but she just have to get Kai away from Tao.

Unti-unti na siyang nagtataka dahil kanina pa walang kibo ito.

She came into a halt just before the enter the clinic.

"Why aren't you saying anything?" Tanong niya kay Kai ng hindi tumitingin sa mga mata nito. She can't. She'll die.

Ngunit wala pa rin kibo ito.

Napilitan na siyang tumingin sa mga mata nito.

His eyes sparkles and his smiled was pulled on one side. 

"And you are grinning like a geeko because....?" She left the question hanging for Kai to fill but all there was was silence.

"Oh please say something, you're killing me here!" 

"You...you kissed me?" Kai brushed his cheeks as if to cheek if its still warm.

She just have to look away because she couldn't bare the thought. She's too embarrased. Napahawak na lamang siya sa kanyang batok at nagbabakasakaling mapansin nitong hindi siya komportable na pag-usapan ang nangyari.

"Lets get plasters for your cuts, tara na." Pagyaya niya kay Kai. 

"You did mean that kiss right?" 

"Tara na Kai, bago pa mainfection yang mga sugat mo." She grabbed his hands without looking but Kai tugged her back.

"You did mean that kiss, diba?" 

She was forced to look into his eyes and with all her will, she managed. "Oo." Nakurot niya ang hita niya ng wala sa oras. Such a stupid thing to say. "Tara na, Ok?" 

She tugged Kai till he finally let her drag him into the clinic.

Nobody was there. Just him and her. Muling bumilis ang tibok ng puso niya. Yung tipong kaba kesa sa kilig dahil una, hindi niya alam kung saan mapapadpad ang relasyon nilang dalawa dahil sa pagsisinungaling niya. Pangalawa, natatakot siyang baka nga she meant it. 

Kai sat on the single bed and fiddled with the flower on the bed side. 

"So ano na tayo?" Bilang tanong ni Kai ng wala sa oras.

"Anooooo?!" 

"Hinalikan mo na ako diba soooo, we must be something na, right?" Napakalaki ng mga ngiti nito hindi lang sa bibig kundi na rin sa mga mata.

I won't be the one to turn that beautiful smile into a frown. 

"Ano ka ba. Gamutin muna natin yang sugat mo ok?" Mas lalong bumilis ang tibok ng puso niya. Ito ang mas kinakatakutan niya. Ang isipin nitong "ITEM" na sila.

"Ihahatid kita ha?" Excited na wika ni Kai.

Napapikit na siya at tuluyan na niyang narealize, in a split second, the thing she fears the most came true. 

She turned around with a huge smile on her face. "Yes please."

---------------------------------x---------------x

*Kai's POV*

Kai waved goodbye to Yuri and watched her as she closes their front door.

Napatingala sa langit si Kai at bumulong, "Thank you, Lord."

Kai drove just below the speed limit today on his way to Manila Memorial Cemetery. To visit someone special. Someone he could tell everything to. Someone he knows who still listen to his shenanigans. 

Kai picked up a buch of white lilies on his way. Kai walked towards someone special's grave when he came across a grave where a picture of a young man which he recognized from last night's tv program. He was wearing white and was smiling towards the camera.

He stood there for a bit. Examining the grave of this young man and suddenly realizing how young this guy is. Without even realizing, his eyes started to tear up. Now he remembers. Siya nga yung SK Chairman na nasaksak sa pagtangkang pagligtas sa mga kasamahan nito ng gabing iyon. 

He picked the largest white lily and placed it beside his grave. "I salute you, Sir Jason Zeus Infante." He whispered under his breath. "I promise, I will protect those I love and those I care about just like you protectede those people that surrounds you. You're a hero and your story should be told to inspire everyone." 

His eyes were already swelling before he even get to where he was suppose to be visiting. "Sorry pare napakwento ako sayo ah? Bilib lang talaga ako sayo. Rest well pare." 

Then he continue walking. He suddenly realized how things can someone's life be taken in just a matter of second. And he very well know how much pain it is for those they left behind.

Huminto siya sa isang puntod mga 40 na lakad mula sa puntod ng kanyang hero. 

He sat down and wiped his tears away.

"Hi Ate, I brought you your favorite flowers." Wika niya at inilapag ang mga bulaklak. "Wag ka pala ate magtatampo ha? Nabawasan ko yan ng isang flower, akalain mo yun, malapit lang pala ang pahingahan ng hero ko sayo." He brushed the little grass that covers the stone.

"Ate, ang sarap pala sa feeling ng ganito." Napahinga si Kai ng malalim. "Ate hinalikan na nya ako." Naramdaman niya ang pag-init ng kanyang pisngi. He reached for his cheeks, "ate kinikilig yata ako." 

"Ate? Nakita ko na sya. Yung taong sinasabi mo sakin Ate mamahalin ako sa kung sino ako. Ate ramdam ko na may feelings rin sya sakin. Alam mo ba ate na pinaparamdam nya na rin na may gusto sya sakin. Oo ate alam ko medyo mabilis pero Ate diba wala namang pinipili na panahon at oras ang love?" 

"Ate? I wish you were here, with me."

"Ate? I'm sorry."

"Ate? I miss you."

"Ate? Sorry kasi wala akong tatag ng loob katulad ng meron si Jason."

"Ate? I would do anything just to hug one last time."

"Ate?" 

"Ate?"

"Ate I love you. Sana nandito ka." 

His voice suddenly faded into quiet sobs. 

His heart sunk. 

"Ate, visit me in my dreams ok?"

His tears splatters on the stone. He bent down to kiss the stone where his sister's name was engraved.

"Send my kisses to Papa God. I love you Ate." 

He stood up and said farewell. Feeling lightheaded but certainly his heart is more alive and pumping more than ever.