Facts

Here are some facts about:

The Netherlands
(Surprise, surprise)

1. Dutch people cycle a lot. Everywhere you go is a path for bicycles XD

2. We only have KFC, MC Donald's and Burger King. We don't have Taco Bell, Target, Walmart and all those well known stores.

3. Cheese, like 'Old Amsterdam' or 'Gouda'  are made in The Netherlands, and I personally think these are the most delicious cheeses!!

4. Our anthem (The Wilhelmus) is the oldest national anthem in the world!

5. Dutch people are ranked the tallest people in the world (even though I wouldn't be the perfect example heheh)

6. The Netherlands has the highest English-proficiency in the world. Narrowly beating Sweden and Denmark. Nine of the ten people have English as a second (or third in my case) language. Some a bit better than others.

7. We have over 1,000 windmills standing since somewhere above the year 1850

8. Almost 80% of the world's flower bulbs come from the Netherlands

9. This country is literally a low country, as over 26% of the land  is below sea level. The lowest point of the Netherlands is 5 Meters (6 feet and 4,8 inches) below sea level.

10. CDs, DVDs and Blue-Ray were invented in the Netherlands

11. And of course, we have these 'wooden shoes'

 And of course, we have these 'wooden shoes'

Any questions??

Any questions??

(Of course I got some facts from the internet XD I'm not THAT big of a nerd)