Room for One

Woody's POV

Dave, Will, and I were chilling in the tour bus, our heads craned down at our phones. All of a sudden, we heard loud thumping coming from the bus doors, so being musicians and not ninjas, the three of us panicked, each of us running to our beds to grab something to defend ourselves with. I picked up my spare set of drumsticks, while the bassist had some unopened water bottles.

"Hold up! Lower your weapons, boys!" Our bus driver chuckled as he pressed the button that opened the door. "It's only Coop," he said as we disarmed ourselves when the sound engineer entered the bus, wielding a hammer.

"Dude, where were you?"
I asked.

"Long story short, I ran from the sound controls and hid in the backstage waiting area, scared the shit out of Kyle," he stopped to catch his breath after finishing his little summary of events. "I was given Dan's hammer, and ran here without being attacked."

"Where's Dick, Sam, Charlie, and Tom?" Will raised his eyebrow. "Did they survive?"

"I know Tom and Dick went to go hide in your backstage room, but I dunno where Sam is, all I saw was him running in the direction of the food shops," Coop shrugged his shoulders. "And then Charlie...I'm not too sure where the lad went."

So, basically, one of our crew members might be a zombie now, a frown formed on my face, transitioning into a terrified expression when we heard more banging and thumping from the bus doors. But it turned out to be Sam, who had managed to escape from the horde of undead fans and come to the bus by running out the front entrance and coming around to the back again. I felt relieved knowing that one of our tour managers was okay and safe from harm, but my stomach filled with butterflies when I realized that Dan and Kyle were still inside the arena.

~~~~~

Dan's POV

"Okay, on a count of three, we throw these beer cans at them and run to the girl," I whispered to Kyle, who was also clutching multiple aluminum cans.

"1."

"2," Kyle continued.

"3."

We ran out of the shadows, opening the curtain, immediately grabbing the attention of a large horde of zombies. The keys player and I waited until the undead came near, and tried to throw as many beer cans, that hadn't been opened yet, at the group, somehow being successful in killing several of the disgusting creatures.

     The two of us managed to run past a couple more smaller groups of zombies without being detected, thanks to Kyle's idea of rubbing ourselves with the intestines of the fan he saved me from earlier.

All the chaos seemed to have gotten through the girl as she wasn't able to fight off the remaining zombies that surrounded her, the undead fans' backs facing Kyle and myself. I took that as my chance to kill as many as I could, using our horn player's trombone. Oh fuck, where's our three brass players?! I wondered, brushing it off my shoulders when another wave of undead fans came at us. Surprisingly, the brass instrument worked very well as a weapon, having the ability to crush zombie skulls quite easily. Kyle's pipe weapon was a good tool for impaling zombie heads, his swift kills letting him pick off many of the undead.

The girl smiled as she joined in on the killing, using the broken cord of my microphone as a way of slowing down the undead people for Kyle and I to kill. But eventually, the numbers became more overwhelming, since we had only killed the tens of the thousands of fans that had been turned to zombies.

     They limped slow, but the large number of fans that had come made it harder to fight off, since loads of the zombified teens hadn't attacked us yet. And I wanted it to stay that way.