Biting at My Heels

Kyle's POV

     Our show had kicked off with a brilliant start, loads of energy given by Dan into our new single. We were at the fucking O2, and we wanted to make sure that nothing went wrong tonight. But I didn't understand; how could something so horrible happen during one of our biggest shows of the year?

     I had no clue why or how that girl from earlier become so ill. Will had brushed it off as the basic flu. I kinda went along with his theory too, since the teenager only showed the symptoms of a minor illness, nothing that warned us of this. When the stormer decided to attack our singer, no one knew what to do, so I stepped in, with an attempt to save my best friend.

     "Dan move!" I commanded, taking a swing at the girl with Charlie's guitar.

     THUD.

     Breaths came in and out in a panicked fashion, my eyes were unsure of what I was looking at. Her hair and clothing appeared the same, with just a few tatters and holes, but once my eyes fell upon the teen's skin, a great deal of horror flushed into my skull.

     She had rotting skin- decomposing skin that had a terrible fly-attracting stench. What the fuck was I even looking at? The lifeless body twitched, which led to me giving another skull-crushing blow to the head out of pure fear. Sure, I may have murdered an innocent teenage girl, but she wasn't exactly human, nor was she out of this world.

     CRASH!

     I looked over at my keyboard, seeing that the large instrument had been knocked over by two security guards, both of which had the same unusual rotting skin that this girl had. And they were horribly deformed as well, as if a cannibal had done its toll on the two of them.

      Again, fear rushed through my veins, but I couldn't move- I had literally froze from the fright of seeing these two decomping men. It was so creepy in the fashion they were walking in, with groans and moans escaping from their disgusting mouths.

     "Kyle! Let's go!" a strong grip tugged at my arm, dragging me off the stage. What the fuck are they?

     "Did you-"

     "Yeah, we all did," Will panted as we ran to the backstage room. "I dunno what they are, but I do know that the girl was the same one Dan saw during our signing session," he looked behind us, slowing his run to a walk, which everyone did when we realized that we weren't being chased by the monsters.

     "I told you guys that something was off! But did you listen? Of course you didn't!" I told them off, my heart beating out of my chest.

     "Stop arguing!" Woody shouted from behind us, barely audible since the screams outside were clouding his words. "They're zombies, and we have to get out of here!"

     "Zombies? Like 'The Walking Dead', and 'Night of the Living Dead'?" Dan asked.

     "Yes, stupid! Isn't it obvious? The rotting stench? The disgusting colour and texture of their flesh? And their urge to eat us?"

     "But how did that girl start all of it?" Dan asked again. "That's not the common flu, or anything I've ever seen."

     "We'll figure that out later, but for now, we have to get out of here, there's no telling how many people in London will get infected," Woody warned us as we sped into our backstage room, locking the door to make sure no one, or nothing could come inside. Was this going to spread into London's population? I hope not.

     "Will and I can grab the stuff, and you and Dan can go to the tour bus to warn Dave to start the engine."

     "Okay," the singer and I agreed, nodding our heads before slipping out the door.