part six; hopeful undertone

(tyler's point of view)

when the bell finally rings for the end of math, i almost fall out of my seat.

as soon as i leave the class, i turn the corner to get out of the door and practically crash into josh.

"wow! hey!" he says, and my cheeks flush.

"ah, sorry!" i say, completely embarrassed.

"hey, it's okay. i knew you were in this class, my friend gerard told me." he says, leaning against the wall.

i notice his black eye immediately, and worry shoots through my entire body. "aw, hey, what happened to your eye? did something happen, are you okay?" i ask, putting my hand against his cheek.

he blushes and steps back a bit. "oh no, that's nothing. i crashed my bike riding it to the... store." he says. "..and yeah. i'm fine, but thanks. are you still cool with coming over today?" he asks.

"yeah! can't wait!" i say, and we walk to our next classes together.
_

the day finally ends, and with the sound of a bell, i'm off to find josh. he texts me to meet him in the main parking lot, and i do just do that.

i spot him quickly, his pink hair's quite hard to miss. plus he's waving at me.

"get in, joseph." he says as i walk up to his car, and we both get in.

when i get in, there's a song playing. i believe it's called 'stop stop' by the black keys, i've heard it before.

we drive to his house dancing to stupid music, but sadly it's a short drive from the school and the drive ends quickly. we pull into the empty driveway, and head towards the house.

i immediately notice his house is empty, there's no one in it for now. perfect.

"so... i'm guessing you brought your swimsuit?" he asks.

shit, that's the only thing i forgot.

i chuckle. "about that..."

josh laughs. "that's fine, you can just go in your boxers." he says, heading up the stairs as I follow him.

"about that..." i say, laughing.

he turns around and glares at me.

"just kidding!! jeez." i say in between giggles.

he turns the corner to his room, and i look around. there's a desk scattered with various materials and papers, a huge bed, a few pictures and posters hung. quite simple, but i loved it.

he grabs his swimsuit from his drawer and literally begins stripping. "joshua!" i say, jokingly covering my eyes.

"oh, you wanted me to change in the bathroom? fine." he says, and i start giggling. "party pooper." he whispers.

when he shuts the door, i also change into my boxers. once i'm done, josh is still in the bathroom, so naturally i get up and look around his room. eventually i make it around to his desk, and see the most incredible thing.

it was, of course, a drawing, but it was... so detailed. it was of this... monster, a beast. it was eating something, and although it was so detailed, i couldn't piece together what it meant.